severe neck pain and shooting pains in my head

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was in a car wreck six months ago and for the last month I have been having horrible neck pain and when I walk I have shooting pains in my head I have never had anything like this before what is wrong with me and why would I just be feeling the pain from the cost incident 6 months later

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Sometimes you can experience pain from a car accident for quite awhile. I had pain for years after my accident. Everybody is different. Did you tell your insurance company. I know my husband has up to 3 years after his accident to contact them if he has any medical issues. You might want to contact them and let them know. Also if it is bad u should probably go to urgent care or ER. Neck and headache pain are common injuries in car accidents. Were you rear ended? Of course if u have a primary doctor you may want to see just to document and make sure everything is ok. Sorry to hear about your accident. They are scary things to go through. I hope you feel better and these pains go away soon for you.

God bless you

Kristy k

• Posted

Hi Kimby197

Are you in the UK? The sort of injury you are experiencing is known as a 'whiplash' injury to your neck caused by a severe jerk of the neck..was this your experience in the car wreck? You should make an insurance claim for this injury which is quite common in 'car wrecks' as you put it especially if the other car went into the back of your car. You should go to A & E a.s.a.p. and get your neck checked out you may have an injury to your neck.....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Kimby1978, How awful for you, I can relate to your story,if this is any help to you. I fell over and hit my knee on the corner of a large box I hit it so hard that it threw my head back, everything was okay just a bad knee for a few days......but 5 months later pain in my neck  and in the back of my head was awful I booked in for physio and was offered acupuncture...hoorah I only needed two sessions it worked. Hope this can be of any help to you. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.