Severe reaction to the sun

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have chronic Sarc.  Lungs skin scalp eyes face ears.  40 years progressive.  This year Ive had a severe reaction to the sun and hot weather.  Eyes stinging and watering nose running skin inflamed and sore. And of course fatigue.  Anyone else had this reaction ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I’m so sorry.  I’m about the same years duration wise and environmental kicks mine into overdrive ie chemicals, smoke,

Wildfires especially etc .  Heat makes it harder to breathe for me.  I prefer cool clean air to hike etc.  I’m on prednisone and the heat causes nausea and irritation in my lungs.  I’m tan now so my skin has stopped but definitely had my eyes all burning and gross the last two week mornings.  Hang in there!  

• Posted

I have a bad reaction to the sun and heat. I get really red and blotchy on my skin and face looks like I'm on fire. I succumb to heat stroke very easy and have to stay out of the heat. Fatigue is huge also, not to mention migraines because of the constant change in pressure from this crazy weather..

• Posted

Have you made changes to your diet?  One of the things that helped me the most was going paleo and gluten free.  I stay away from all chemicals and have added essential oils to my life.  It seems to balance all the weird skin stuff and hormonal issues - especially with prednisone on board.  I hope this finds you coping and sending you peace 🙏??

• Posted

Thank you Janet,

I am researching many different things. Thank you for your input and suggestions.

Namaste 

• Posted

Not sure why you deleted my post Mr. / Ms. Moderator.  I did nothing wrong.  I only attempted to type in some of my experiences ( which were similar to above) and talk about some things that helped but also may have hurt me - as an unbiased opinion as I could have given

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.