severe shoulder/breast/armpit pain 6 weeks after covid

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is anyone suffering anything similar to me? I was ok before covid , bit of occasional lest shoulder pain but that was all. Now have this awful pain & taking stronger painkillers but still just takes the edge off the pain. I'm wondering if this is long covid ?

So worried & confused. I also have health anxiety which is making me believe I have cancer etc.

Any ideas anyone?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My thoughts are that if you already had some left shoulder pain before then it has simply worsened and this could be an effect of the Covid infection. In my experience with front of shoulder pain (which is very common) I had great success with "trigger point" massage therapy, particularly of the muscles infraspinatus on the back of the shoulder blade, teres minor to the side by the armpit, and subscapularis which is in front of the shoulder blade (up against the ribs). It's always worth trying massage for pain relief of these muscles and possibly also the pectoralis muscles. You may find some tender spots on those muscles when you push hard into them, with your thumb, fingers or leaning against a tennis ball against the wall. They are the trigger points (condensed knots) in the muscles and by stimulating them you can ease the pain immediately. Wouldn't hurt to try 😃 There are of course professional therapists who specialize in this sort of massage as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.