Shin pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

A month ago I had an accident where I fell flat on my face. My left side has been hurting for six weeks now. I see my doctor and a chiropractor and everything is starting to feel better. They think I may have bruised a couple ribs around my breast bone. Now I have shooting pain from my left knee to my ankle. I constantly massage it but nothing helps. Could this be from my fall? My right side is fine other than cracking my head and skinning my knee but the most pain is on left side and now in my leg. Any suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It may be the after effects of the fall.  Some of the falls I've had over the years have never fully healed.    The chiropractor may also have disturbed something.  I don't believe their treatments are natural or good for you. Over the counter pain killers are far better.

I went to a chiropractor to help my old injuries and now they are a lot worse, I developed new pains and dormant injuries came back.  Massage therapy left me with exhaustion and even more pain for over nine months, The doctor ordered a a blood test to find out if the symptoms were something else although I am sure it was the chiropractor. The nurse messed up the test and I now have permanent pain in my arm.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your input. Ikeep icepacks on my lower back. The chiropractor today said it might be a form of sciatica. I had sciatica years ago and this is not sciatica. You are right tho, my breastbone and ribs wrre bruised. Now my hip hurts and my knee to the shin. I'm trying to get better. I need to go back to work. I am going to try therapy on Tuesday. Hoping that helps. Have a grrat day and thank you again!

• Posted

My lower backbone which I injured on black ice is very sensitive to cold as I found out when I got soaked in heavy rain.  Three days later, I was in so much pain I could only walk slanted until the painkillers took effect.  All my other joints are affected by damp and cold as well. So ice packs would flare everything up.  Heat pads, hot showrers or hot climates help the best.
  • Posted

Hi PamiB,

Having read your scenario, I'm surprised your doctor hasn't suggested an MRI. What concerns me is the pain you have from your knee to your ankle. That usually happens when a nerve is trapped in your lower spine. Did you lose consciousness? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.