Should i continue with the omeprazole

Posted , 2 users are following.

OK so i was prescribed omeprazole about 2 months ago because of feeling nausea all the time every morning and a swelling in my upper abdomen after eating throughout the day. I didn't take them cos i don't have acid reflux, in the end just 5 days ago i reluctantly decide to give them a go. Ive now got an upset tummy and keep wanting to go to the loo to open my bowels about 4 times a day, the nausea isn't quite as bad but im getting a lot of wind and pain and bad stomach cramp after eating. What concerns me is the side affects mentioned are the same as what they were given for in the 1st place! side affects head ache effects on your stomach or gut diarrhoea stomach pain constipation wind feeling sick or being sick, So how these are supposed to help i don't know, Another concern ive got gp prescribed me 40mg strength where as most cases is only 20mg, also mentioned in side affects is liver damage, im already suffering form gall bladder problems and a fatty liver. Should i like just stop taking them or cut down to half a capsule then to none. She said if they dont help then to let her know but how can i tell her 1/ i delayed in taking them and 2/ i stopped before finishing the course. Im scared to continue or suddenly stop though in case when stopping them i read one can really get acid reflux as ive read this can happen. i was given a 14 day course. Any advice much appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.