Should I take a 30mg lansoprazole?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am trying to quit lansoprazole and haven't took one in 8 days. The heartburn I am getting today is unbearable, it's like pure burning acid. Baking soda helps for half an hour or an hour and the extreme heartburn is back. I feel like I can't ever completely get off lasnoprazole.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you really aant to stop taking them do it very slowly try taking 30mg one day then 15 the next day fk that did a few weeks the. Try 15mg everyday for a few weeks then every other day 
  • Posted

It depends, maybe you will be able to completely quit, maybe not. you have to be persistent though. I've also been on PPIs extensively and then when you come off of them you are fine for a couple of days then again acid... Try with a reduction dosage then, frame dosage (every once in a while) and so on and so on... 

• Posted

Hi Williamm, I have also stopped taking Lansoprazole after seeing my

Dr as after taking them for about 8 months they seemed to upset my

stomach and found they raised my blood pressure. I started to feel 

better after about 3 days of not taking them so decided I would not 

get any more medication and just have Gaviscon but the last 2 days I have

had the acid reflux come back with vengeance and in a lot of pain.

I was advised to have a small glass of coconut water in the morning

and one early evening. I have also been having plain greek yogurt with

a spoonful of honey which does relieve it a bit. I also chew sugar free

gum for 30 minutes after each meal. Eat small meals throughout the day

rather than 3 big meals. Look on the net for food you should not eat and what

foods you can eat.

I am going back to my Dr's next week to get an alternative medication

and see if that is any better. I suggest you see your Dr and see if they

can give you something else to try.

I hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.