Side effect...Not pleasant!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I have started taking this capsule for a stomach ulcer.

The I write is the fact i am having a side effect ( started since taking) of really bad diarrhea, To the point where i have to leave what ever im doing. And worse !

Anyone else suffered from this whilst using this medication?

I would love to know?!?!

Cheers

Ivan

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I haven't experienced diarrhea at all, just upset tummy and sicky feelings for the first 2 to 3 days. Have you though about experimenting with how you take them, for instance when I felt sickly I took them with food. I know you are supposed to take on an empty stomach and preferable an hour before any food, but it may work for you while you body is adjusting to the ablets, just in the short term. I do take them my Op as soon as I wake up now an hour before food. Does the advice sheet suggest diarrhea as a side effect, I can't remember off hand. It is a great drug, but I do worry about taking it. You could even take less than the prescribed dosage for a few days until your body adjusts for e.g. if on 20mg take it every other day or 10mg a day if got a box of 10mg, just in the short term. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi

Maybe my body just needs to adjust to them then,

I have been taking them when i wake up in the morn, so well within the 1 hour before food.

It does list it as a side effect, but not a main one.

i will just see how it goes over next few days and will update..however I'm worried about eating anything now lol

Thanks for your reply!

Ivan

• Posted

having been taking omeprazole 40 for 10 months and still having a burning in my chest and slite stomach ache the docs sending me for a breathe test? but since ive stopped the chest burning has gone? could it be the tabs aint been working?
  • Posted

Hi Ivan, I think some people always have to watch what they eat despite being on OP, I'm lucky in that I found I could eat or drink most things when on this drug. There are only a small amount of things that exacerbate my heartburn now, excess pastry, too much bran type cereals and excess of wine, oops! But an odd rennie or two sorts that out. Before I started on OP I found that I was taking up to 12 rennie or similar type heartburn remedy a day! I would experiment every few days with foods that you wouldn't normally be able to tolerate, and see how your fair.
  • Posted

[quote:94b270c262=\"sy\"]having been taking omeprazole 40 for 10 months and still having a burning in my chest and slite stomach ache the docs sending me for a breathe test? but since ive stopped the chest burning has gone? could it be the tabs aint been working?[/quote:94b270c262]
  • Posted

To ivan , i suffer with nausea & feeling very tired.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.