Something is happening in my throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

it started a couple of wees ago, but i'm not sure why. I felt this crazy lump in my throat, it was very very painful. I tried to see if I could drink some whatever to get it down but nothing made the pain go away. I tried to sleep and it just kept hurting so much. I feel like it's moving up and down my throat.

The pain started back again but now It doesn't feel like a lump it's just very painful in my throat and back area and then my ear. It just feeling like it's moving up and down my throat like it's trying to get out or get into my stomach but it's extremely painful.

Can anyone please help me.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi raven66005

You need to go and see your doc....sounds as if there is something in your oesophagus causing pain. You need a capsule camera down to see what's going on. Make an appointment today...best wishes...

• Posted

Hi sweetie. I wouldn't be worrying about cameras yet until you have seen your GP. In the VAST majority of cases, the feeling of something in the throat (FOSIT) turns out to be anxiety or stress related. Have you been under undue stress lately? I would definitely make an appointment to see your doctor though.
    • Posted

well exams was coming around, so it could be that, but thank you for your help smile sorry I took so long to reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.