Son returns to our apt from vacation...any Docs have advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Our 23yr old son returns to our Chicago, IL apartment on Tues. 5/19/2020 from flying to South Padre, TX (beach vacation with a family from a western US state and several friends from here in Chicago, IL). My wife and I are in our 50s and healthy. I feel strongly about him needing to self-quarantine for 14-days in the front half of our apartment (own bedroom/bathroom); my wife and he disagree with me. I am also being told that unless we have symptoms, we don't have access to testing and won't for several more months. Any doctors out there who could recommend a best course of action (or what would you do in MY shoes)? Are there any resources/playbooks to guide us through having one household member in self quarantine?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I do agree with your logic as he is putting you and your wife at risk. I'm a health professional and I do work in a facility that had a few covid cases. Upon admission of new patients, we provide testing for them 2 times before allowing them to be around others. Since testing is not an option for your son, I would do a self-quarantine for 2 weeks just in case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.