Sore throat still a problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

Another night over had a good one was expecting little sugar to raise its ugly head but glad it didn't got my boy to get me some honey and vicks for my throat no dehydration this morning which is good will concentrate on the throat today still got little popping in my sinuses no fatigue though so hopefully bit of energy today hopefully most of you had a good night

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

if you dont mind me asking what was your symptoms to start with

• Edited

Well mine began with some really odd pain in my calf - i was worried about dvt but then it went to my other leg and spread. Thought was maybe pulled muscle so put hot water bottle on to ease it. Then my chest started to feel uncomfortable like a chest infection does. I then had a bit of a headache and my throat was really sore. Had temp 37.8 but only a short time as I started on paracetamol. Tested. Have really bad smell and taste and been really exhausted and disinterested. Now after just over a week am still not well with fatigue and not sleeping great but am definitely starting to feel better - I actually managed a shower and hair wash today and could actually taste a biscuit. Advice was paracetamol and ibuprofen, rest rest and more rest and alot of warm drinks and water also. Hope this helps. Everyone getting their own different symptoms, I didn't really develop a cough just felt I had to keep clearing my throat. Luckily I have had a mild dose clearly. X

• Posted

No problem caitlin mine started around 6 weeks ago now on the Friday I was at work not feeling well at all finished the shift went home dehydrated headache and fatigue phoned in sick for the Sunday during the week got a bit breathlessness nothing heavy went back to work till 9th April told the lads I'm going home mostly the same symptoms but I had something going on in my nose as well anyways went to hospital on the Friday a and e very empty lucky enough for me i was hot and sticky otherwise I would have been sent home no cough or sore throat yet still got sent home after but told I had a viral infection had tests on my next visit which was last Tuesday because during all this time my symptoms changed just got told today that they are negative but my doctor told me 2 weeks ago because of the breathlessness headaches dehydration and sinus troubles it was covid and because of the length of time that it has been in my system not to worry about the swabs they may not be correct so to today I had a good night but popping still in my nose and little sugar still lurking in my throat Friday will be 7 weeks some viral infection have had stomach ache as well during about the 4th week headaches were bad 3 days thought my head was going to explode one morning now like everyone else I hope I'm coming to the end of this little sugar but I'm not holding my breath no pun intended hope that helps Gary

• Posted

can I ask what week of this ate you on and are you still experiencing throat problems ?

• Posted

Hi Tara like most of the others on here I had a sore throat for about 10 weeks on and off due to the inflammation I feel have you had a sore throat for a while Gary

• Posted

this I think is my 11 week of symptoms with main one being sore throat and tight neck feeling.

this week has been particularly bad.

is there anything you've been taking that can help?

• Posted

Hi Tara have you been sweating at nights if not you could try lemon juice warm water with honey or gargle salt water most of the guys and girls are on page 69 and they will help you with the symptoms I have now not got a sore throat but tight chest and inflammation Gary

• Posted

I did back in the first few weeks but then that went away.

I'm going through ent next week due to the throat pain not going away.

• Posted

Me and lulu had the same problem with the sore throat for 8 to 10 weeks with covid I had dehydration at the start of my symptoms been 14 weeks now Gary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.