Stent place in right transverse sinus vein

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my stent placed in the right side one week ago. my headaches and nausea are worse then before he did the stenting. Has anyone felt like this a week after? My neuro surgeon also said he got a look at my left and says it's worse then my right and recommends stenting that side. What does everyone think?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hey sway,

im sorry you are still having issues. i had my stenting in JULY 2017. i can remember after surgery having a pretty good headache. my dr said that i should have instant relief, but that wasnt the case for me. i had an unusual feeling in my head that i cant describe. i have just assumed that it was my body getting use to a foreign object being in my head. i continued to have headaches for a month or so after surgery. they were different from pressure headaches, but eventually they went away.

if your dr suggest that another stent on the other side would help, i would sure take that chance. i would do what ever possible to avoid a shunt. the things ive read most people with shunts have so many more issues.

best of luck to you!

windy

• Posted

thank you. I called the doctor and they said it's normal because my heads getting used to the pressure now. but I'm not so sure. I see him Wednesday for.my followup and we will discuss the other stent. they said to keep taking the pain med which I am and it's doing nothing but I refuse anything stronger like narcotics. I went to bed I. so much pain and woke up just hours later the same way. 😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.