Steroids - how quick do you see relief

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was recently diagnosed with sarcoidoisis and my doctor wanted to run tests before getting me on steroids. I went into the office for my first visit and told him i was having trouble breathing. he said there is nothing he could give me and shrugged it off. About 3 hours later I'm in the ER struggling to breath. After getting torridol? i was able to breath again.

he quickly called me and ordered the steroids and today i woke up struggling to breathe again. once i take the steroids should that provide immediate relief?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. No it is unlikely to be instantaneous in the same way as a Salbutamol inhaler. But steroids act in a short time, and then need to be maintained for a lengthy period and withdrawn gradually. They DO help most people.

• Posted

You have be careful with steroids when I was put on Prednisone i became so much more sicker they found my lymphnodes doubled in size in my chest i had bad allergy to it so i suffer everyday cause i cant take it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.