Stinging pain during movement below right ribs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

For the last couple of days I've been getting an odd pain and I'm hoping some of you might be able to give me some ideas of what it might be.

The pain has a stinging, sore, scratchy type feel to it, like the pain you experience when you rub something against a fresh skin graze. It is located on the far right side of my lower abdomen and round to the lower right back area, between the bottom of my right rib cage and right hip. The pain is about an area the size of the palm of my hand, seems quite close to the surface and is only triggered by certain movements, applying pressure to the area does not cause pain.

I do have some health problems at the moment and been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, Gastritis and IBS, however the IBS is under investigation again due to 2 different positive faecal calprotectin results, indicating a possible IBD. Ulcerative Colitis has been ruled out due to recent colonoscopy with biopsies came back all clear. I'm due a small bowel MRI soon to diagnose or rule out Crohn's Disease.

I have to say my health has been generally worse over the last week or so, with lots of digestive problems, nausea, random pains, feeling weak and tired a lot, but I do get bouts of this every now and again which is nothing new, but this pain in my right side is a new pain.

Any ideas or thoughts on what this pain could be would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Paul,

I also have ME/CFS and have a stinging, itching sensation on my right upper abdominal area around the edge of the rib. Sometimes it itches, sometimes it stings and sometimes it is numb. I've had this for over 10 years and it started around the time the ME/CFS started. So, unlike you this pain is not new for me.

I also have IBS-C, Dry eyes, and some kind of throat or silent reflux / LPR thing. That all started about two years ago at the same time.

I have long suspected there was something wrong with my gall-bladder / liver area / bile ducts. However, all blood work and ultrasound for the area are negative.

You should post on ME/CFS Phoenix Rising and I will follow up. Maybe we can figure this out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.