Strange covid insomnia

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have fever, soft dry cough, lost my sense of taste and smell, strange tingling in arms and feet and since yesterday noticed that 1 hour after falling asleep i wake up drenched in sweat at some delirium with nausea and sometimes with chest pain, all these things disappeared 5 to 10 minutes after waking up till next time when i fall asleep and everything starts again... Sometimes it happens right at the moment when im falling asleep so i get up scared, wet and confused... Does anybody feel the same?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i am still experiencing constant sleepless nights after 5 weeks. i just dont seem to ever feel sleepy, i have heart palpatations and breathlessness on and off all day and extreme fatigue. you'd of thought feeling fatigued you would be able to sleep more not less. reading helps a bit or putting on meditation music or sleep music. You can find lots on youtube. Breathing exercises help but but its short lived. All if these symptoms are very common as well as fustrating. Try a hot milky drink before bedtime, don't eat after 6pm and try to stay in a routine, go to bed and get up around the same time every day, hope this helps, get well soon.

• Posted

Ive experieced night sweats, a couple of time a bit delireous. Had to changebpj tops wuite s few nights. Im still waking up a bit damp occasionally. Its all part of the fever . i didnt think that i had a fever but when i told ghe covid nurse about night sweats she told me that was fever. It definately got less and passed. Hope it eases up for you soon. So hard not being able to sleep when your body really needs it

• Posted

Same here. i tested positive last tuesday and have had symptoms since that day. fevers every day, headaches stopped, dry cough started. i honestly didnt think i would be symptomatic this many days, consecutively

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.