Strange Smell

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have found this drug amazing in stopping my heartburn etc but I constantly (or almost) smell a rather unpleasant wheat type smell which I fell comes from my pores. My family assure me they cannot smell it but I certainly can. Does anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

[quote=\"Elinor Edward\"]I have found this drug amazing in stopping my heartburn etc but I constantly (or almost) smell a rather unpleasant wheat type smell which I fell comes from my pores. My family assure me they cannot smell it but I certainly can. Does anyone else experience this

]I am glad that someone else has mentioned about the smell , Yes i have experienced it to the point i thought my insides were going rotten.

• Posted

I agree with the smell being like insides are rotten. I only took the drug for a week and I was unlucky enough to get every side effect. (I have never had a bad side effect to anything befor in my life) I could not stop burping and that was the final straw as people around me could smell it them and agreed I smelt like I ws rotting. In the end I had to just stop taking them and then persevered with Zantac - doesn't always work!

You both are very lucky others can;t smell it like they could with me sad

• Posted

i remember that wheat smell coming out of me years ago,on a strict diet,or whenever i really get in to dietin and start losing weight,and been eatin high fiber brown bread
  • Posted

I spent 2-3 months on Omeprazole last year and after 2 weeks of taking it every time i turned my head to the right i got this rotten / gone off smell from my shoulder/armipit area...

I washed my armpits raw (dettol soap didn't work just kind of blended with the smell - not nice!), couldn't understand what was going on....

Now i've read this and am guessing that it was a side effect of the tablets...

I'm back on them again, 3 weeks so far but no smell yet (just tinitus in the left ear and cramps in my legs this time round!)

Reading this i'd guess the smell is a definate side effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.