Stuck on Pantoprazole after misdiagnosis

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am so upset. >6 weeks ago I spoke to a gp using the 'Livi' app. My symptoms were shortness of breath and mucus cough. The gp prescribed me Omeprazole 20mg 🤷🤷 I realise these can be a symptom of acid but not the usual symptoms.... anyway I began Omeprazole and over 10 days of taking it I had heartburn, reflux burning my throat, chest pain, back pain...

I went to my gp but was put with a jnr doctor who just switched me to Pantoprazole 40mg. I saw another gp this week who upped my panto to 80mg as I'm still getting reflux and my throat is red raw.

Im just so upset. I feel like im taking Pantoprazole to help symptoms caused by Omeprazole. My original symptoms (shortness of breath and mucus) are still there. I wish I'd never seen a gp. I feel like im taking medication I never needed and damaging my body. I want to stop taking them but I don't know how as I know ill get rebound reflux that I've read can take months to heal 😔😪

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.