Sweating and short term memory

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been diagnosed since 2001 with skin sarcoid but always have flare ups with chest problems and rash on shins with sore areas......but the past few weeks having spells of sweating really loads and my short term memory is terrible....the wife can't believe how quick I forget things or ask the same question more than once?.......back on prednisolone as chest flared up again!

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I also used to have these issues - especially the memory problems. One thing I can say: prednisone doesn't seem to resolve the memory thing. I still forget things, just as before. There are times when I forget things right after someone tells me something. I can remember that the person actually said something to me, but I have no idea what...Maybe, the brain needs more time to come out of the fog. Ocasionally, I feel better; I even remember small, unimportant things...So, there is still hope. (I have been on prednisolone for about 6 weeks now). 

Regarding the othe issue, I don't sweat that much anymore. Or maybe I do, but I just cannot remember??... haha smile

I'm not laughing at you...I'm just laughing at me, and this s****y situation we are in....

I really hope you'll feel better soon.

All the best,

Magda

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback it's just weird how things come and go because the past few days my Right Wrist has swelled up and I had a sore lump on the side of the same arm but that's gone now.....cheers 
    • Posted

Squarky ~

When it was said that sarcoidosis can come and go just as quickly as it came, it was meant that most people will never know they had a bout with sarcoidosis.  I'd say you're in and out of remission.  If  you get it again in the same place but it was a while in between times, that's remission but you STILL have sarcoidosis, just in remission.  Especially since you're dx has been over such a long period of time.

Magda ~ What do you think about that?  I could be wrong and I'm very willing to have that corrected, or adjusted.

Squarky, magda has helped me in so many ways.  She's a wealth of knowledge with sarcoidosis!

Hugs to both of you,

Frustrated

• Posted

Hi Squarky ~

I was dx'd in 2005 with pulmonary and lymph node sarcoidosis.  I too, had trouble with the sweating (profusely) and I'm still going through some short time memories.  It passes then comes back so I'm not sure if it's the sarcoidosis or the fact that I have difficulties sleeping.  That, alone, will give you memory troubles.

I had my first full session today of reiki and tapping and I'm feeling rejuvenated however a bit, icky, as I was told that my body releases toxins during the process of both techniques.  I'm hoping this will help with some of my memory problems, I'm told it will in due time. 

I hear ya, Magda!  I tend to laugh at myself most the time but like you said, this is a sh***y situation and if we don't laugh, we'll cry.

Anyway, Squarky, I've recently received the news that the sarcoidosis came back in my lungs and now in my heart.  I have it on the skin, cartiledge in my nose and ears, I have it along with sjogrens in the eyes and also the tips of my fingernails...but they believe that's from the sjogrens...it feels like I have sand under my nails even though i've cleaned and cleaned them and have had manicures etc...nothing stops that sensation.

My point is, try to not just rely on conventional medicines and perhaps see a Naturopath or someone who studies reiki or EFT tapping.  I'm just starting the two techniques and also I have a discussion here on RELAX ~ can anyone help?  There are many intelligent people that have responded that give many different techniques to relax.  I believe if you relax, you'll breathe...and breathe the correct ways to help with possibility of memory (also cranium/sacral therapy is a good one for that as well).  I did that for over a year and it helped release the toxins as well as release the bones that constrict blood flow.  It's an awesome study, unfortunately, you have to find someone who actually knows what they are doing (you'd know by the second time).  My therapist left for out of state job and I was left fending on my own.  These two people I've met that do Reiki and Tapping, they told me to give these techniques a chance and then maybe add cranial/sacral therapy.  Anything at this point, for me and possibly for you, is of great help. 

Eating right is also number one.  That in itself is a feat I'm trying to get hold of.  I've learned so much on this site alone that hopefully, I'll find myself in a better place from these two afflictions I have and your sarcoidosis.  It'll take work but the outcome is well-worth it.

Good luck, Squarky!  Hi again Magda!!!

Frustrated

• Posted

I have problems with dry eye aswell and had eye test last month, was told to use false tears to re hydrate my eyes....Thanks for the info and hope all goes well for you😊
    • Posted

Hi again, Squarky ~

What you can use for your dry eyes is a drop with a gel in it, it last longer and while a bit more expensive, you'll use less.  At nighttime, I use an ointment that last all night and you won't wake up with that "sand in your eye" feeling.  However, if you do  have that sensation, it could very well be sjogrens.  Once  you get one autoimmune disease you're suspectable to more.  Just try not to rub your eyes because you can scratch your corneas if they become too dry.  Keep caution of this as you will get better treatment if you're dx'd with sjogrens (for your eyes, anyway).

Good luck and keep us update on how you're feeling?

Frustrated

• Posted

It was mentioned at ENT about my eyes as the last time I was there as they caught me on a bad day eyes sore, mouth dry drinking bottle of water, the doctor asked had sarcoid been mentioned in the past and I said about my diagnosis in 2001.... I was there for nose trouble....may ask doctor about sjogrens....cheers
    • Posted

Possibly talk with an eye doctor regarding sjogrens although my ENT knows quite a lot regarding both sarcoidosis and sjogrens.  In any case, be careful not to allow your eyes to dry out that much because that's where the cornea comes in and it's painful.  Eyes red and painful with cornea problems also, I couldn't see the eye chart even the largest letter which was something like 16X16...that scared the He77o out of me!

Good luck and let us know how things are going, please.

Frustrated

• Posted

Squarky

Dry eyes is common problem with "Sarcoid" tears natural or any artifical eye treatment works well here.

Any inflamation should be reported to a doctor whilst it is inflamed as it could be anything and it could be serious.

Please dont leave these things to fate.

Tangles

• Posted

Hi Tangles ~

I agree with you too!  When I was seeing an eye doctor (which they suggest for those with sarcoidosis,but mostly because of the steroid use as it can lead to cataracts) while under his care, he just couldn't clear up a chronic dry eye problem that's when I was sent to the Kellogg Eye Center at the U of M in Michigan.  That's when they discovered it was the sjogrens rather than sarcoidosis, although sarcoidosis was the initial problem in the eyes. 

I just want to say that my eye problem went from treatable to so unbearably painful and untreatable for almost 2 years.  I almost lost sight in my left eye and the right one started acting up. 

So with that respect, Tangles is right, don't leave it to fate hoping it'll clear itself up, with sjogrens you can damage your corneas so quickly, just by sleeping at night w/o tears or ointment.  My eyeballs actually stuck to the eyelids which tore up my cornea and left some scarring on it.  It was so awful and so very painful.  Please take care.

Frustrated

• Posted

Hi Frustrated, just curious, what gel do you use for your eyes? Can you please tell me what it's called? And congrants on your decision to try alternative therapies. I've heard about reishi; it seems that it can solve many health problems.

All the best smile

• Posted

Hi Magda ~

Yes, I use Refresh liquidgel for my eyes.  Like I said, it's a bit more expensive but in the end, you'll save because you use less.  Is this for your mother?  Sometimes if you order more than two online you get a break in price.

And thank you for the congrats.  Yes, reiki is going well.  Today, day 2 and Tapping (EFT) is also enlightening.  Heck I even made a healthy smoothie this morning for breakfast!  eeks, it's catchy!

I'll update you as the days come along.

<3 hugs,

frustrated hugs,="">

frustrated>

• Posted

Also, Magda, I use the ointment at night as it's thicker and you really cannot see things clearly with it in.  By the morning, it's all settled down and you can see correctly and your eyes aren't dry.
  • Posted

Hi again, Squarky,

Frustrated and Tangles are completely right. Do not let your eye problems unchecked. I have developed cornea inflammation in the left eye and cataract in the right one. Now, I'm also using a gel - it's called Corneregel - I guess it's found under different names in most countries. I find it better than any artificial tears I used before. Although I don't necessarily have a problem with dry eyes, the doctor said that keeping eyes hydrated is very, very important. The gel makes my eyes better, especially after I spend many hours in front of my comp.

You should definitely see an ophtalmolog...good doctor who can tell you if there are any inflammations, scaring, etc. in your eyes. If caught in incipient stages, eye problems can be easily resolved. but, when left untreated, they can develop into serious conditions that may lead to blindness. So, it's critical that you seek professional advice as soon as possible.

Good luck, and I hope you'll feel better soon...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.