Swollen arm, red, itching

Posted , 1 user is following.

A few days ago I got the latest covid booster. I expected to have a sore arm. I did not expect for it to be swollen, red, and hot to the touch. The redness is slowly creeping down my arm. It almost looks like a major spider bite, but it isn't. The swelling goes from the needle site almost to my elbow. It feels like I have been punched there. I don't remember reading anything like this maybe happening. My husband also has a swollen arm. There is about a two inch area of redness that is hot to the touch. Neither of us has ever had this kind of thing happen from a shot and have no allergies. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.