Swollen throat with Omeprazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was prescribed Omeprazole by my Gp as I was suffering with nausea in the morning and a white, coated tongue which he thought was symptoms of acid reflux. I'm now on day 6 of treatment and I'm feeling worse than before I started! Every morning when I wake my throat feels horribly sore and swollen with loads of mucus which is very hard to get rid of and my tongue feels so sore as if its been burnt with a really painful tip and little raised red bumps, also the nausea is still there. . Should I stop now as I think this may be a side-effect of the Omeprazole, I've never taken it before so I'm not sure. Has anyone else experienced this please?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you may be allergic. Stop taking them to be safe and if you are in the UK phone 111 explain your symptoms and see what they say.

• Posted

what you are describing the affects of acid reflux I get all that give the medication time to work it it do ask to try a different one there are lots of PPI medications

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.