Symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. Just left the doctor for the 4th time in 2 months he has decided I have fibr. My symptoms are dull middle and upper back pain, dull pain in right and left ribs dull pain in opening of sternum. Joint and muscle aches. Random stomachs pains,insomnia,headaches, restless legs. Does anyone have these symptoms with there fibro, I fell these dull aches several times a week and the back pain is most of the day everyday.  I am 37 years old  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Becka,

I'm not sure if I had fibromyalgia, but I too suffered for many months from dull pains in my back, under right ribs at waistline and painful muscles on a daily basis.  Nothing was diagnosed and two X-rays were clear.  By chance the health shop suggested I take magnesium tablets to help the calcium supplement I take to be absorbed better.  I have only been taking them for two weeks, but my aches and pains have nearly all but gone!  And I sleep better too!  I don't know if it was the magnesium or generally myself healing, but I'd say it might be worth trying and it can't do you any harm.  Hope it might work for you!

• Posted

Hi

Just read your post with interest as I have similar symptoms to you. I am 38 and I get pains in middle of my back, muscle aches especially in arms and legs and a lot of leg discomfort plus occasional pain in the sternum. Also pain in feet when indoors and sometimes my bones just feel so sore especially round my knees if I bend my legs. My GP has told me its muscular but havent been told a particular condition. Have had blood tests but all come back clear apart from low vitamin D so just been prescribed pills for that.

Do you get sore bones which come and go? Do you get an odd rumbling sensation through parts of your body sometimes?

Becky

• Posted

I do get random pain in my knees when I bend down to much. Not sure about the rumbling pain.
  • Posted

I think I know what you mean. I have multiple joint problems, my right shoulder being the worst. But last week I started getting an odd ache in my right side rib cage. Years ago I had something similar which was put down to pleurisy. I am also getting that odd 'rumbling' feeling. Doc said my chest is clear, not had X-Ray results back yet. Not a clue what is going on, but very annoying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.