Symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

I dont know if this is the right place to post this question but I wanted to find out about peoples symptoms for indegestion or reflux. The ones listed on sites are very hard to understand how they actually feel.

I have not been diagnosed with reflux or indegestion as its never been something i thought I had, i have bad neck/shoulder pain along with throat and lower facial symptoms so my reading info and dr appointments have been centred around neck issues however i am begining to wonder if indegestion/acid could be the cause of the symptoms i get.

The main one is my throat and lower jaw (the jowel area) hurt/ache/feel heavy up to under my ears, this comes and goes day by day or sometimes hour by hour. Its the same feeling as when you lick a battery or something very sour or even when you cry alot and you get this weird pain in your throat. Im guessing something to do with saliva glands. Metalic taste sometimes too.

I do feel like i get a lump or a pushing feeling in my solar plex where the ribs meet in the middle.

I dont have on a constant basis a feeling of throat burn when acid comes back up, i dont get that very often at all. When i have taken antacids either rennie/gaviscon or ranatidine for a few days and stop i then get the burning acid coming up. 

I also get shoulder and neck pain but whether thats related i dont know.

Now and again i also get a sick but empy/hungry feeling. I could have just eaten and ill still have this hollow sensation. I also feel a lump in my throat at times.

1 more weird thing is i want to keep yawning.

So i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the wierd symptoms sound like they could be indegestion/gerd etc. If they have had any wierd symptoms. 

Did anyone suffer a long time without knowing what they had or thinking they had something totally unrelated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte,

I was put on Lansoprazole for heartburn/Indegestion/acid reflux. I didn't get many of your symptoms, however, I did get the lump in the throat feeling, the heartburn was on a daily basis for years, constant burning in my chest every time I ate anything, the indigestion was like a knife stabbing me through the chest and acid reflux would come up up after acidic foods, I could even feel it burn my throat. I eventually got an endoscopy and this revealed Gastritis (inflammation of the stomach and small bowel). I was on PPIs for a couple of years, they worked reasonably well at first, then they didn't have the same effect, tried all the different types, by this time my stomach felt really sore and got worse every time I took a PPi, I decided to come of them altogether, went vegan for 2 weeks, I gave into temptation and I'm back on junk foods again, but I am happy to say, I no longer require the PPIs, providing I add some Alkaline foods to my diet.

• Posted

HI Gillian, thanks for the reply, do you think going vegan for 2 weeks was what sorted your need for PPI's? What are alkaline foods exactly?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Charlotte

Alkaline foods are most of your fruits, vegetables, normally all green veg are Alkaline, i.e. Spinach, Kale etc. For breakfast I would make a smoothie, normally there would be 5 fruits and 2 veg. I.e.,banana, apple, pear, plum, lemon juice, Kale and spinach. I would also add, a teaspoon of cayenne pepper as this is Alkaline as well, bee pollen, chia seeds, flax seed to keep regular bowel movements and pumpkin seeds. You can look up the net and get an idea of Alkaline foods. The problem with the Western diet is that we tend to eat 70% acid foods and only about 30% Alkaline, if it were the other way about, we wouldn't be suffering from half the diseases we get. If you are making stir fry's, you should use coconut oil, I hated vegetables until I tried stir fry's, I then began to love them. I steam my veg first, as this makes it soft and easy to digest. When it's frying in coconut oil, a couple of minutes is enough to fry, if you've steam cooked the veg. I lost 1 stone in 2 weeks on the vegan diet, but if you decide to go vegan, make sure your getting your B12 and Iron, there is B12 in Kale and Spinach, but you can add tofu for B12, make Shure its organic, you can get a great selection of Alkaline foods on amazon and organic. I haven't taken any PPIs for a month, my diet has been really bad, junk food, regular beer drinking, prosessed foods etc, I still don't feel the need to run and take a pill, if I get a bit of heartburn or indegestion, I just juice a lemon and take cayenne pepper and that seems to help. I know I can't stay on junk foods for two long, so I will be back on vegan foods soon. As long as you take more Alkaline foods than acidic foods, I reckon you will feel loads better and hopefully you will be able to come off your pills. 👍😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.