Taking lanzsprozole 30 g a day plus lyrica

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone on here taking ppi and lyrics? I'm on 30 mg lanzsprozole and 75 mg lyrica @day. I take the lanzsprozole for gerd including Barret's oesaphagus and the lyrica for ongoing back pain? Not sure if lyrica is interacting with the ppi?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was on both of them, but I moved from the dreaded Lyrica to the slightly less terrible Sifrol a few years ago after I noticed mood swings.

I have halved my Lansoprazole but am on three times my starting dose of Sifrol and fear it shall continue to rise due to augmentation. 

I am increasingly suspicious of interactions between the meds I am taking and would love to stop having any of them, but my Sirol is the only thing that stops my body jerking wildly ( called RLS but 'restless' does not describe what happens to me ). If I stop the Lansoprazole I get heart attack pains. What is a lad to do ? I'd also be interested in anyone's understanding of interactions and/or side effects.

• Posted

It is usual, not always the case, that PPIs will interact with medication due to the effect it has on the stomach. It is therefore usually advised, for this reason, that you would try to manage timings so that you take the Lyrica around 2 hours later.
  • Posted

I take the Lansoprazole in the morning and the Sifrol at late evening - unless I start twitching early - so as to avoid the jerking.

• Posted

Hello joseph i take pantecta 40 mg for mild chronic gasritis and esophagitis and it does not help me,any advice ?...i am 23 by the way
    • Posted

Hi Shenice, is it the only PPI you have tried? There are many and some will work better than others for different people.
  • Posted

Well i tried other ones like omeprozole 20 mg and ranatadine 150 mg but they didn't work and this one hurts my kidneys,it has alot of side effects and when i told my doctor he told me stop taking it and never gave me another prescription but i also have h pylori and have to start taking anti biotics from monday.

• Posted

Once you have finished the antibiotics - rebuild your gut flora with probiotics - ask your Doctor which are the best. There is a chance that all my problems started from taking too many antibiotics as a child. I'm 60 by the way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.