Tara

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Tara:  Just wondering how you are feeling since you went back to work.  I'm scheduled at this time to go back to work March 30, seeing my doctors next week.  My doctor wants me to start back maybe 3 hours per day for 2 weeks etc over a period of about 6 weeks increasing hours.  My thinking is if I'm either ready to go back full time should be ok, not sure this would make a difference as I would be up early regardless.  Lack of Sleep in my biggest concern

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Tara I'm still questioning can I make it through a full day of work, job is full time.  Thinking postive but energy quite low
    • Posted

Thanks Tara...I do clerical work a Very busy office. Lots of deadlines. What type of work do you do? I will see what doctors say this week but being he mentioned part time basically 3 hours per day to start then increasing to 6 hours etc cant see 2 weeks making that big of a difference. Tire very easy but know meds are causing this to. Yes not good though being home thinking of all this daily either. Ideally yes want to be at work
    • Posted

Oh yes trust me my problem is definitely getting up and out the door so to speak....sleep terribly broken up
    • Posted

You just take you time. I am a Teaching Asisstant in Primary school. I am in nursery class and on feet and in demand from the little ones. I am easy but do feel it sometimes but would rather be at work. Day goes quickly and I forget about WG for a while. Just take 5 if need too. I must say my work are very understanding and supportive. I am lucky to work with such a team. It's ok to feel nervous at going back but you will get there"keep on Keeping on 😊
    • Posted

Thanks for your feedback Tara.  Yes that would be a demanding job; working with little ones, glad your work has been supportive.  I'm on the computer alot, financial etc many deadlines can be draining especially if a person is already tired, also several other duties as well.  Just got bloodwork done again, hoping some of the side affects of this medication subsides as I know these meds are making me more tired and some other side affects.  Will see what my doctors say this week but yes I'm use to working and don't want to be thinking about this all the time, not healthy.  Thanks for your positive advice.  Do you mind me asking you how old are you?  I'm 49
  • Posted

Hi there dog7 I understand your thinking about if you have to get up then why can't you just do a days work anyway. Wih me it is that getting up and out that's  the hard part. What I did was the week before I got up as if I was going to work got my meds inside me allowing myself enough time to do things at a easy pace and not rush. The 3 hours a day for you will help you get in the routine of getting up. I must say it is a joy to be back at work I am still on phased return and my first full week will be the 20th of March and I am feeling positve about it. You can only try your phased return and see how you cope it can always be changed providing your employer is willing to support it. Rest when you finish your three hours and try to relax. I was very nervous about going back but it has been good for my mind even if the body does not agree all the time. Good luck and let me know how you get on. Can ask what you do for a job? All the best.
    • Posted

Thats great glad your first week back at work went well!! smile
  • Posted

Also would like to say my return was over 6 weeks at first and then extended so yours maybe subject to change depending on how well you feel you are coping.Just let the doctor know how you are getting on after the first few weeks. my worry was like you. I think the fatigue not the mind set. Your positive thinking will help you. Give it a go we just need to except that we will always get a bit more knackered the your average worker. Take care and good luck😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.