Tested positive and scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi im 49 and double vaccinated. Started to get cough and cold symptoms on Tuesday. I did lateral flow tests everyday as had been a close contact but tested negative until Friday when i tested positive confirmed with PCR) have basically felt like ive had a cold and was starting to feel better but the cough is starting to come back. ive lost my smell but not taste and ive not had a fever. The trouble is i have MAJOR health anxiety issues and im terrified having made the mistake of reading on the internet how double vaccinated people can still get seriously ill. its making me physically sick with worry and i dont know who to talk to or what to do.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

i can emphasise with your anxiety, i'm 46 double vaccinated and awaiting pcr after starting temperatures 15 days after my children tested positive. i've had two pcrs (entitled due to close contact for each of my children) and doing daily lateral until now i have symptoms so awaiting 3rd pcr result. my boys are having temps more recently (asymptomatic at time of test) and finishing self isolatjon so GP confused if covid or something else so i'm praying my own temp is down to us all having a different virus/health condition. best person to speak to is your GP as they are there to support mental wellbeing not just physical health. they are best placed to talk you through scenerios and office soecific advise. wish you all the best with it. remember strong mind leads to strong body!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.