Testosterone Therapy

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am a member of a number of KS sites both in the UK and worldwide and I have noticed that some of the overiding comments relate to:

>> I have KS but don't want TRT - WHY?

or

>> I am on TRT and I want off it - WHY?

If it's helping you stay healthy; reducing the risk of osteoperosis, heart disease, blood clots, anger issues - why would you want to come off it?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I take 200mg of testosterone cypionate.during every 3 weeks by injections into my hip. It is paid through my medical insurance because all pre-exiting conditions were covered back in 1979 through my US government work.

The only side effects that I had from the testosterone was acne, body hair plus my chest and back hair and a full beard (a partial moustache--it doesn't grow under my nose) and groin area. Limited leg hair. Erections. Hair in my arse.

. Through weight training I was able to increase back and leg muscles and some upper arm muscle. But due to my fat belly, nothing

I take it because my hormone level is 34 without the injections. I forgot one injection recently for one month, and that's what my testosterone level was. I don't want to get osteopenia or osteoporosis.

If you don't want hormone therapy, then you are supposed to take calcium and vitamin D in megadoses. But it must be under a doctor's care. I read that information on a study on the interest, where I don't remember.

Since I am hemodialysis (US spelling) or haemodialysis (UK spelling) now and because of 2 genetic kidney disorders, I am the only person in my family that has 2 genetic kidney disorders, dialysis lowers my testosterone levels, so I now have ED.

I have never had mood swings or breast tissue.

Due to my kidney problems, I always had high blood pressure. I currently weigh 144 pounds or about 65 kilos. give

or take 1 to 2 kilos water weight.

I still have a belly but I can fir t into trousers where the waist size is 31 but it is a tight mainly because I gained about 5 pounds recently, but normal I wear size 32 waist trousers. If I wear any upper waist sizes I have to wear a belt, otherwise my pants fall down.

Through weight training I discovered how to work out. Meals didn't help, but using macines and free weights were my tools in getting toned in those areas where I developed some muscles. But since I don't get a huge amount of testosterone, I never got huge muscles. I got what is called definition, noticeable.in my arms and legs. You go slowly then tense your muscle area, hold for a few seconds and then resume the exercise. That applies to your back or leg muscles or your shoulders and upper arms. Since I never looked at my glutes, I don't know if they grew. or got toned

I should be getting testosterone every 2 weeks but since I live in a high altitude area, my hematocrit rises over 50, so that is the reason I only get injections every 3 weeks. Hematocrit increases can cause my blood to thicken. and can cause heart problems per the Endocrine Society for high altitude areas like Colorado which is around 5280 above sea level.

At lower levels, hematocrit levels do not increase.

But as I have indicated on this forum, I also have had over 20 or more medical problems and have listed them on this forum. If you actually seen my medical record, you would be quite surprised and that is not all if them

When I had feet, I had flat feet. I now have a partial foot and a prosthetic leg. I have diabetes type 2 and through dialysis I lost circulation , got gangrene in my feet and my toes were removed on my right foot and on my left leg, it was amputated below my knee.

My quality of life is good. Although I must spend 3 days a week on dialysis, to remove excess water from my body, I am alive because of it.

I am unable to get a transplant because of my poor blood circulation problems. But I an not sad or mad. My life is so much better, but the only drawbacks is that I cannot walk alot with my prosthetic leg. My stump gets sore if I walk long distance. I don't drive a car. Never learned how, never been on a ship, or boat,never flew in a airplane. I don't like to travel, I have always lived in Denver, Colorado and I will finally go to the xxy convention in Denver on June 23 to 25, 2017. I will be taking my medical record so that other xxy's can see it, if they want too. I will be using my walker only because my right knee may collapse, but otherwise I can walk without it.

As I indicated, many xxy's may not have all of the medical problems that I have, so I called myself Unique. If other xxy's want to criticize me that is their right, but I could care less what they thought of me.

I sometimes get depressed because of credit card debt, but.I never got depressed due to my 47 chromosomes.

God gave them to me and I must respect that gift.

At age 65, I am a happy person at the stage in my life.

Good luck to other xxy's who may not appreciate their gift from God or any spiritual entity.

• Posted

A correction about the xxy convention it is not in Denver, it is in Aurora Colorado June 23 to 25, it is where xxy, xyy, xxyy ( men and boys) and xxx (girls) will.meet and have seminars on all topics dealing with these medical disorders.

Since I don't travel out of state, I get very disoriented when I travel, I did travel out of Colorado by myself once, but never again. I almost got on the wrong long distance bus from D.C. to Colorado. That experience was not one I would repeat.

Years ago, I took swimming lessons, and found out I couldn't swim because my arms and legs were not coordinated, I couldn't breathe and move my arms and legs in a swimming motion at the same time. The only thing I was able to do is float. I almost drowned jumping off the diving board.

Did anyone (xxy)have this same problem or defect. I never did learne to swim correctly, so I consider my effort as a defect.

I assume all xxy's are better at sports than I was because I have never enjoyed any sport activity since I was a small child.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.