Thigh pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have recently have pain in my right upper thigh. It usually occurs when I've been sitting or walking for a while but when i lie down or elevate the leg it settles and I feel relieved. There is no swelling or discoloration, just the pain. Any advice out there that could help? Many thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well you don't say how old you are but it sure sounds like osteoarthritis. Any joint with OA will get stiff if you don't move it around for a while. The hip is a very common joint for a person to get OA in. Your doctor will probably do an X-Ray of your hip to look for OA. Or he/she might do an MRI or C-scan instead. But any of those will help your doctor find any OA there if that is your problem.

Another thing it could be is bursitis. I've had that once in my hip but to be quite honest I never did understand what that is. I do know that it has something to do with inflammation. I'm sure you can Google it to get more information. My doctor put me on meloxicam for 3 weeks I think and it finally went away. Good luck to you. I hope you get an answer soon.

• Posted

Thanks a million. It's quite painful when it starts. Im 62.

• Posted

At your age I would highly suspect either OA or bursitis.
    • Posted

At least it gives me a focus. Thanks. Guess I need an x-ray?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.