Thigh pain most days - anything to do with running?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.

I have an annoying pain in my thigh most of the time during most days.

When I walk, I kind of hobble as it's a bit painful when I put weight on it.

I have had it about 3 to 4 weeks now.

Is it anything to do with running?

I took up running a wee while ago and initially I had pain in my heels but that went away after a while.

Now I have thigh pain.

I stretch then go for a run and it’s sore every time I land on my right side and I run like I’m hobbling. After 5 mins it seems to get better then disappear.

Once I stop, it’s sore again and I hobble again.

Sometimes it feels like I can’t put any weight on it.

After a couple of days, it gets a wee bit better and I do the same again.

Until today that was.

Went out this morning and I only got half a mile in and had to stop 3 or 4 times to stretch off.

Had to turn back, it was really painful.

It’s not going away, which is annoying.

I was just doing the typical bloke thing and ignoring it and hoping it would go away.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you do warm up exercises before you run?

Or it sounds like you pulled your muscle.

I do t know. But it won't hurt for you to have it checked out with your GP.😀

• Posted

I do quick warm up yeah, maybe not as long as I should but I've never had a problem before.

I am getting on a bit in age though!

• Posted

I would take a trip to your GP just to check everything is okay. And get some advice on your physical state Aswell..

Liz👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.