Think I’ve broken opiate contract

Posted , 2 users are following.

last week i was made to see my GP. i had to sign a contract as i take morphine for spinal stenosis

ive taken morphine for 7 years. yes i agree im very addicted but how this drug works on the brain is it really my fault

im made to feel like a problem and last week my GP was sarcastic towards me. smirking at the computer screen as he continued to write

i have no copy of the contract. i can remember that there were certain restrictions on me. the contract was american which i bought to his attention and asked if he had printed on the google

He said that im very addicted which i thought was uncalled for as any patient by now would

so my medication is due in 5 days time and ive run out. My partner was meant to look after my meds but after an arguement he threw them at me. ive no control which i admit. i need him to do this for me. i cant walk to pharmacy if im put on a daily dose.

i dont know how i can go 5 days without my medication. i get very suicidal if i withdraw bad.

will my GP refuse me morphine. im at a loss what to do. each day i took an hour early which then turned into days hence running out

shell i call my surgery???

adele x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

you need to speak with your surgery to find out if theres anything they can give u in the mean time 5 days is along time and no dount u are going to go into withdrawls after taking it for 7 years im not sure they will give u the morphine tho as u have run out early it would no doubt be put to a doctor to decide usually they dont prescribe early because its a sign of addiction sorry i dont mean that it a bad way

• Posted

doctors should not allow people to be on opiate meds for such long periods of time they should be short term use only i know people suffer from chronic pain but i dont feel the blame is entirely with you these medications are addictive and doctors should know better they should also not refuse to help people once they are addicted or stop medication they should help and wean people down i notice alot of doctors just cut the supply off and dont do anything to help the situation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.