Throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive been having stomach an throat problems for a few months now along with sinus problems,i have tried most things and had a helicobacter test that was fine,im waiting to get an ultra sound on my stomach and an endoscopy but im taking lanzeprazole in the morning an mebeverine before every meal but still having problems with my stomach an burning at the back of my throat and tongue, i dont have much reflux can anyone help,i also have sore ears but am getting root treatment and waiting to go to e.n .t as well

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What’s your diet like? 
    • Posted

Its ok i think as im also gluten free so cant eat a lot off things an try not to eat spicy,im drinking a lot off milk to try n co n sooth my throat
    • Posted

Milk has a ph of about 6.5 to 6.7 which makes it slightly acidic, a lot of people make the mistake of thinking it’s alkaline. It definitely sounds like your struggling with an acid problem, be careful with the Lansoprazole, I’m on it myself, every time I take it, I end up with chest problems, and my heartburn/ Indegestion gets worse, once it wears off. I tend to only take them when I’m in agony, because of their side effects, unfortunately, some of them we don’t see until it’s too late, ie B12 deficiency, Osteoarthritis, fatty liver etc. You may have Chronic Gastritis like myself, I found going Vegan for a couple of weeks helped me, but unfortunately, my will power got the better of me and I’m back eating junk foods. I hope you find an answer to your problems soon. 👍😁

• Posted

Thank you,im gonna stick to mebeverine for now as the doc think it might be ibs too ,i just want to feel ok again instead of feeling the burning,also my dad had problems with his gullet an ended up couldn't eat an died 5yrs ago,cant actually believe how bad it makes you feel,thanks for your advice,hope you get better soon??👍

• Posted

Wish you all the best, there’s nothing worse than the constant burning, I’ve got  it as I write this, but what you have sounds really serious, hope you get sorted ASAP. 👍

• Posted

Did your doctor put you on mebeverine and lansoprazole at the same time?  How long have you been on both meds?  The mebeverine can cause heartburn and indigestion symptoms so I understand why you would be on lansoprazole.  Just trying to understand why you are on lansoprzaole if you don't have much reflux.  What do you mean by sore ears and root treatment?  Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to fully understand before I give an opinion.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.