Throbbing pain in groin

Posted , 2 users are following.

What could cause throbbing pain in groin? It pulsate at about 30 beats per minute and radiates into buttocks. Inner thigh muscles feel very tight. Much worse when lying down. Pain level about 8. Not very painful when standing. Have had mri of lumbar spine and hip...basically normal Have seen numerous chiropractors, orthopedic docs, acupuncture, osteopaths, etc. Thanks for any feedback!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nancy, I wonder if its not nerve related, I deal with similar issues and it is from nerve damage from herniated disc. Try a neurologist Dr and ask for a nerve conduction test. This can locate the nerves that might be involved with your pain. Best of luck.

• Posted

Thank you! I recently had surgery fusing L3 L4 in an attempt to solve problem. The pain clinic had been doing injections, but recently referred me for spinal cord implant. The neurosurgeon said he never saw anything like it and referred to neurologist. Awaiting appointment. Thanks, again!

• Posted

Peonygirl, How did you manage the pain. What did the neurologist do to resolve the issue? Thanks!

• Posted

HI again, the pain is always there and I have had every procedure there is to include, fusion surgery, all the shots a nerve stimulator implant and I still have to take serious pain medication to enjoy any kind of life. It definitely has changed my life and it is very hard to deal with as any kind of activity affects the pain level I experience. Eventually I had to accept that I am disabled but that I have much to be grateful for. I still mourn the loss of me and deal with much guilt for not being able to do as much as I could for me and for others. I now know I am a WARRIOR that fights everyday for my health and I also know I have to live by the "spoon" theory. (Look this spoon theory up on your i-pad.) I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of this, it can be overwhelming! My best wishes are still with you!

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your story. Seems we are in a similar situation. Best wishes to you for healing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.