Toothache ,pregnant

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 7 months pregnant and I have a toothache but so bad that I can't eat or sleep.i can't fill my half of the head and i have ear pain.i am using nurofen maximal strength but it works only for 2hours max.i hope this doesn't effect the baby...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Toothache is one of the worst things any one can have and I understand that you are probably terrified of having any dental treatment. Quite honestly, you MUST seek dental treatment, there is no reason you cannot have treatment while pregnant, ask a friend if they know of a good dentist, or go to the NHS website.

It is essential for you and the baby to have good dental health, also NHS dentistry Is free for you.

I sincerely hope you find a sympathetic dentist to help you, and I am sure you will find that fears are unfounded and you will get to be pain free, please, please, make the decision to get treatment now, before things get worse, if not for your sake then your baby's.

Best of luck, it is very common for pregnant women to need dental treatment during pregnancy and dentist are trained to adapt to there needs.

• Posted

Toothache will not affect your baby but if you won’t eat food properly then that may affect you and also your baby. Go for the treatment as soon as possible and eat properly. Take help of any good dentist.
  • Posted

You need to see a dentist regarding your teeth. Antinflammatories such as nurofen should be avoided in

pregnancy. Alternative strong pain relief is available on prescription which can be used in pregnancy. See your GP regarding this.

• Posted

thank you all for the replay,now i am ok after 3 days of hell...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.