Tramadol and gabapentin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm really disappointed in myself im 26 years old and suffer sciatica really bad in my buttocks nerves going down one leg and along my back.I recently changed my doctor to one closer to home. On my first appointment my doctor made it clear I needed weaned off the 400mg of tramadol and 400mg I take a day I was prescribed them two years ago along with Sertraline 100mg a day for my anxiety. The doctor and I never discussed me becoming addicted ever, I haven't tried to stop taking them as it was never suggested before my current doctor told me I was most defiantly addicted I have to be considering the dosage I've been on every day and the length of time I've been on them.I have not had them for a few days once as I'd ran out and it was the weekend I wasn't too fused and knew I would get them on the Monday morning I felt fidgety and anxious didn't know ok w what to with myself all of Sunday and when I slept on Sunday night I had the sickest terrifying dream I woke up sweating and scared I don't know what I was scared of by I was for hours. Can this be withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks nikki xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry 400mg tramadol.

400mg gabepentine.

100mg sertraline.

Per day for the past two years.

• Posted

Hi nichola06980

Tramadol are very addictive and your gp at the time should have monitored you. You are undergoing withdrawal symptoms because your body has become so used to them..You have to slowly wean yourself off them with the oversight of your new gp.

To wean off you have to do it over a course of time like taking your dose every other day for a week then a lower dose every other day for a week then lower and finally come off them. You cannot abruptly stop because your body will go into withdrawl symptoms as you are now experiencing.....you can get off them if you do it properly......best wishes...

• Posted

Hi nichola06980

I forget to mention you can get physio treatment for sciatica......best wishes....

• Posted

Totally agree with Lilian .also though I wanted to ask if you are struggling daily with the pain. I know what the pain is like and it can be horrible but I haven't heard of it as a constant thing for 2 years. My can come for a month or so and then go for awhile. Maybe there is something else to if it is 24/7 . I don't think I could live through the pain if I knew it would just continue. You should get checked to see if there is something else if this is the case. Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

Thankyou Vonda; yes this was my thoughts, too.......if needing constant pain relief for Sciatica, there needs to be something done for it.....it is no use "just taking pain relief", and not treating the cause, if treatable.....and Weaning off meds Is a Necessity.....can't be done overnight.....good luck, and let us know what you think/how you get on............Bron
  • Posted

I take both for my nerve pains in feet back and legs the side effects from thoses drugs can be awful iam on max dose of gapbapetin last year i was on 8 tramadol a day for months u was getting very addicted i weaned myself doing too 2-4 aday which my gp knew about the withdral symptoms i had was the same fidgety anxious sweating nightmares brain fog after a few days it was over with but its a very hard drug to come off 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.