Two Months Later -- still not diagnosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Patient Community!

My symptoms started on June 25th 2019 -- and I've been in pain ever since. I've seen my ENT, my Primary, My Dentist, My Eye Doctor, i've been to Urgent Care, I've had blood work and a CTscan and every test has come back negative. I've also been on antibiotics 2x's, steroids 1x and now gabapentin. Doctors are unsure of what's happening to me.

My symptoms: Throbbing ear pain, it feels deep, deep in my right ear. Major eye pressure in my right eye, like behind my eye. Sometimes when it's really bad, my eye starts drooping. The pain will last days, there are times i go weeks without any relief. Some nausea, no fever.

I still have more doctors appointments lined up, second opinions but I'm hoping to find someone with the same symptoms that can help me.

Appreciate anyone who reads this!

Best

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ask your dr for an mri of your head and neck area, maybe the whole upper torso. I am so sorry you are experiencing this. My best wishes are with you. Insist he get the mri!

• Posted

Sounds nerve related. There is something called trigeminal neuralgia. It affects the face and comes in attacks. It can be excruciating but there are treatments available. You need head and neck MRI's to exclude other causes. It's usually caused by compression of the trigeminal nerve that supplies the face (one for each side) bu a blood vessel etc. A neurologist can help with this or rule it out.

Best Wishes

Melissa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.