Unable to eat a lot of foods due to COVID

Posted , 1 user is following.

I caught COVID back in July 2021 and lost my taste / smell. This came back after a few months however my taste and smell was not as strong.

My taste then started to change again. I can no longer eat any meat, onions, garlic, cheese and onion, eggs, peppers, beans and many more foods. I am unable to explain the taste as it is not a taste I have ever come across before however all of the foods I have mentioned taste exactly the same. It is kind of like a gone off, foul taste. Even tooth paste tastes awful.

I also cannot stand the smell of hot food being cooked, the smell smells like how the above foods taste^. Also when I curl / straighten / apply heat to my hair this is a horrible smell.

I am aware that others are suffering with similar issues however I am wondering if anybody has had any advice / found any remedies that have worked 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.