Under arm pain right side

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me. On Saturday I noticed a pain under my right arm, near my arm pit but more my arm. It was more of an irritation and I ignored it. It has got progressively worse throughout the weekend. If I move my arm backward I get shooting ripping pain down my arm, although it feels more like my skin or nerves rather than muscle of joint. Today it has got really painful. And I have been getting shooting pains down to my elbow and wrist and aware my pinky finger is going numb. I'm really worried about this but I don't know it it warrants wasting a doctors time. Can any one shed any light? There is no visible rash etc

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya if I was you I would get it checked out pain in the arm is of a concern with the loss of feeling in your little finger make an appointment to see the doc
    • Posted

Thanks for your response Joanne, problem is the doctors don't have any appointments till 8th April! I'm really worried about this. The pain is awful and feels like tearing! Do you think this warrants a&e?
    • Posted

Hiya if I was you I would ring nhs 111 please speak to them don't leave it till 8 th April my birthday are you in the UK I'm in Sutton Coldfield 111 have been really good in the past with a quick response and me ending up in a and e
    • Posted

Thanks Joanne, i followed your advice and I'm off to a&e shortly. I'm

In Alfreton uk. So hopefully the waiting times won't be to bad! I hope this gets sorted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.