Unexplained weight loss, fatigue and weird pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 17 year old boy and have a few unexplained and worrying symptoms. 

In the last four months I have lost 14kg (30ib) with no explanation. I have always been tall and skinny, and never intended to lose any weight. I have had no loss in appetite, however, and if there has been any change in my diet it is only that i have been eating more. 

I also have bad fatigue, I have had this for a few year now, since I was diagnosed with depression. I have in the past been on anti depressants but i stopped them about a year ago. I can't focus at school an often fall asleep in class which has obviously negatively affected my grades.

and finally, i have been getting weird pains for the last couple of months. most of these have been around the right side of my chest, around my rib cage and hips, and around my stomach/lower torso area, today however, i have felt like my whole inside is burning, a different pain. the ones i have had for a while have been sharp stabbing pains. this is highly uncomfortable and worrying.

any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, you really need a doctors advice and knowledge. It is really important for you to share all that you are experiencing with you Dr. What you ignore today can come back to you in really big health issues that can and will affect the quality of your life. Remember you seek a Drs. help because they have become knowledgeable thru their studies! They are there for you to resource! Feel so happy knowing you have the possibility of gaining your health thru their knowledge! So get going Beauden - go seek your healthy self!! Best wishes and a hug too! 🍀🍀🍀🍀🕊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.