Update - Chronic Back Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

A small update, i had my MRI on the 22nd December i am still waiting for the results which is so hard as i am not patient with waiting.

The radiologist who did the MRI made me concerned as he said is there anything else bothering me after the scan, this is making me wonder if it did show something else that they were not screening for! arghhhhh! the not knowing is killing me!

The pain seems to increase the more i am stressed and even when i do anything it becomes hard for me to settle, last night was awful. I even purchased a new bed with a slightly med/firm matress in the hope that it helped it does a bit but i am still struggling some nights.

As i continue to wait i just hope that i am worrying over nothing!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If they found something serious on the MRI then you would have been told right away, the only time a patient is not told is if they are underage or under the influence of drugs and can possibly react violently, it's your right and it's the law that you are told what the results are, so don't worry, I'm sure it's nothing serious.  I wish you the best 

• Posted

thank you, i am not a good person with waiting for results. by which my anxiety is now very high.

i should have the results soon i just phoned the pain clinic. rolleyes

• Posted

Sounds like it could be muscular as well if the pain ncreses with stress. Have you tried Pilates exercises? I've got 3 x ruptured discs and SI joint problems as well as arthritis in one hip (I'm 48). Pilates really helped me and it's very gentle. 

Do you take anti inflamatories? I also find a TENS machine helps.

• Posted

I have been to see my osteopath and the muscles were a problem but now my 2 lower facet joints in my spine are what is causing me the pain at the moment. this was disgnosed by my pain consultant also.

To be honest no amount of exercise helps me as it becomes unbearable to stand or sit for too long as well. i have tried numerous times and nothing works.

i am taking ibuprofen 400mg 3 times a day for the inflammation as directed by my consultant.

as far as the tens machine goes, Never again will i try that. i used it for 2 days and had to stop using it, it made my pain 10x worse and took me over a week to get over using it. I sent that back as it was on lone from the pain clinic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.