Vaccines

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Just a quick one, did anyone get sick with sarcoidosis after any type of vaccine?

And what are your feelings on vaccines in general?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think vaccines are absolutely safe and necessary. Nothing to do with sarcoid.
    • Posted

Ok thank-you. I just wondered I have been reading up on several different ones and with my history I only got sick after I had a vaccine in 2009 I often wonder if it is linked.
    • Posted

In many ways, first of all in 2010 I had it on my lungs and slightly on my spleen. Then in 2015 was told that it had come back onto my spleen so much so that it had doubled in size also on my liver, my lings and also my legs.

Most recently I have been told.i will have to go.for an mri to check my brain because of reoccurring headaches that I have had now for many weeks.

• Posted

I'm sorry, Amanda. Sarcoidosis is the pits. They really don't know what causes it. I know a lot of first responders on 9/11 got it which points to breathing environmental junk, but I know I never was exposed to anything. Talk to your doctor but I feel quite certain that it is coincidental that you got sick after the flu shot. It's actually important to get your shot so that you don't get the flu. I have some in my brain also but it doesn't cause any severe symptoms. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi,

It wasn't the regular flu jab, the vaccine I had has been proven to be linked with narcolepsy which is an auto immune disease so has just had me thinking. Last year I did get flu and pneumonia jab and by Feb I had both sickness so I'm thinking twice about it this year.

I am going to chat to my doc about it all.

I'm sorry to hear it's on your brain I hope you get well soon

Thank you

• Posted

I got my Sarcoid immediately after getting EPV (Epstein Barr Virus) which is the virus that causes Mono. 
    • Posted

I also got pulmonary Sarcoid immediately after contracting EBV for the first time.
  • Posted

It is now January 17, 2021 and I just found this post forum. I developed sarcoidosis after the 2010-2011 trivalent flu shot and I am trying to figure out if taking a covid-19 vaccine might trigger a similar response. I am trying to find my way to the professional (doctor or scientist) that can help me get the best answer. Can anyone help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.