Vascular Pain and Exercise to regrow blood vessels, help

Posted , 1 user is following.

paulinebeavers

i am a 77 year old lady.

i smoked until I was 55.

at 55 i had to have stents put in both my groins

at 76 i had to have these stents replaced because they had blocked

at 77 a year later I started to have difficulty walking any distance and an awful lot of pain, difficulty doing all my normal house jobs and gardening that I do for myself and family

was referred and the hospital said they cannot replace stents again due to possible complications

am at end of my tether as pain is awful and all they have said that all I can do is exercise daily and hope new blood vessels grow around the blockages elevation the pain, this is a slow process and pain killers dont seem to help

i wondered if anybody else had experienced this or had any advice or knew how quickly blood vessels might grow

regards

Pauline

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.