Want the world to know about MCAS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I am creating a podcast about MCAS and why it’s so hard to get a diagnosis (it took me 10 yrs). I want to explore why doctors often misdiagnose people who have MCAS or pass them off as hypochondriacs. I want to interview people with this syndrome, and focus on educating the public.

I am writing to you because I would like to know if you are interested in sharing your story for my podcast. I know that the more people that I interview, the fuller picture I’ll be able to give of what it’s like to live with MCAS. I want to educate myself as well as the public so that hopefully more people with MCAS can receive help sooner (it took me over 10 years to finally get a diagnosis). If you're interested, please message me and let me know! 

🙂

By the way: if you want, I can include written stories anonymously. Or you could record your story in your own words, written or spoken.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Sincerely, 

-Madison 

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes, my story definitely needs to be heard. It will answer many questions so many have. Mine has been a 23 year battle. I went off Home Health/Hospice in September. I'm getting well, at %50 right now. Hallelujah! Thank you, kindly.

• Posted

It is so exasperating. I am still looking for a health care professional with any knowledge of this disease. Have been to allergists, rheumatologists, hematologists, and my gp. Am looking for someone in the greater Los Angeles area.

Anything you can do to shed one light on this disease would be appreciated by all who suffer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.