WE ARE CREATING ANXIETY DISORDERS FOR OURSELVES

Posted , 5 users are following.

The first time I read some of the threads in this forum I felt like crying. I identifies so much with so many of your testimonies, that I took that to mean that I too was experiencing a freak prolonged covid episode. Like most of you, I was very sick. Throughout I was terrified, not only of my own sickness, but of my friends and family, and the that of the crumbling world around me. I researched and read every article out there on symptoms, pandemic management, contagion etc. I also read up way too many healthcare pages and self diagnosed all sorts of whacky symptoms and side effects. I tried asthma and allergy medication, I tried steroids, abx, the works... I had cat scans, x rays and blood tests, Mr saw at least 3 doctors. Nothing was wrong with me. No with my body at least...

I had a flu, maybe even covid, but that didn't last longer than a couple of weeks. my cough and tiredness must have lingered a bit, but the disease was gone. What happened to me, and I'm sure to most of you out there, is that at some point in our worries we transitioned from a physical illness to an anxiety disorder, and this requires a diametrically opposed treatment to what we're doing. I could not believe anxietycould cause such physical symptoms, but believe me when I say it can. Myalgia, burning sensation, chest tightness, GI symptoms... I suffered from all of these things excruciatingly.

Please, if you're out there and feel like you've had covid symptoms for more than a month, it's time to put down you computer, phone and tablet, rest, relax, meditate, see a mental health professional, and finally embark on the road to recovery. I'm on my way there after over 2 months.

Godspeed and good luck!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

your brain is a very suggestible thing, the way the media are scaring people I am not surprised why people think they have it even when the tests say negative. As I said in a different post, there are 267000 cases of covid 19 in the UK and the population is 66.65 million. 80% of people who think they have had it who have had an antibody test find out they haven't. The NHS spent a fortune building these Nightingale hospitals which are empty.

• Posted

I absolutely agree, I have such a similar story and am now at week 5 of feeling ill. I am slowly dealing with the stress of thinking I had this a few weeks ago, I think the stress that came with it made it ten times worse than it needed to be. I have been left with symptoms similar to glandular fever.

I have a fantastic kinesiologist who did a phone consultation with me and said all organs will go into protect mode and not fully function when overwhelmed with stress. Unless that is eliminated recovery will not begin and symptoms will remain. They are now supporting me with ways to deal with it and move forward, it will take weeks.

I hope you are starting to feel better and getting your mind past the trauma of the past few months. You are right about information overload/overwhelm. Wishing you good health.

• Posted

Hi anton I had symptoms for over 11 weeks but really bad for 6 weeks hospital, xray etc then became very anxious, depression, panic attacks which gp gave me short term medication, but only been able to walk for last 3 weeks slowly walking up hills etc but still get pain in my back and tired, so it's all the after effects of this virus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.