Weird Sensation down left side of Body

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I was working last Friday and I worked a very long and strenuous day.

I haven't really rested since that day too as work is busy at the moment.

I have a fitbit so I do track my daily activity and normally I was burn 2300 calories because i'm at a desk most of the day but I do go to the gum in the evening and get up to 2800 calories.

I exercise at least 4 days out of 7.

So thats a bit of background however on Friday I burnt 4000 calories and I worked for 7 hours straight, now I was moving around a lot but I didn't feel like I over over exerting myself.

However since Friday I've been getting spells of feeling weird sensations down the left side of my body.

In my left thigh and in the lower part of my upper arm.

Sometimes I feel something in my upper chest too.

It seems to come into play mainly when I go to bed like now, I've been fine all day and when I lay in bed it started.

I was fine 2 days but it has happend 3 days and one day I felt it a bit at work.

After I felt it I took it a bit easy at work but I still burnt over 3500 calories each day.

Am I overexerting myself?

Is something bad happening with it being the left side?

Do I just need rest?

I am a bit worried with it being the left side and that normally being a sign of a heart attack.

Has anyone got any ideas?

My GP is terrible so If I do go to my GP I will literally need to know the issue and I will need to tell them what to do, they are really not good with uncommon things.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well it sounds to me like your body is telling you to ease up a bit. It is possible that your over exertion caused some swelling in the soft tissue near your spine. That inflammation could be just slightly pinching a nerve when you lay down. Like a positional thing. Putting ice on your back should help. You want to ice it the first few days then you can transition to heat if you would like. This time of year can be cold and no one likes putting ice on their back when it's cold, but it is the best thing to do that reduces inflammation. you won't also might try taking some ibuprofen which also helps with inflammation. the fact that it's on the left side doesn't necessarily mean it has anything to do with your heart. heart attacks symptoms could be jaw pain or pain in the back. it's not always the left arm although men have the more typical heart attack signs than women do. in any event you need to see your doctor and ask about your back and how he recommends you treat it. I am not a doctor so although I suggested a couple things you need to check with your doctor first. I will say this about any Imaging that your doctor may want to do. x-rays only show hard things like bone so it will not show inflammation. CTS or even MRIs are good at showing inflammation. but you probably won't be able to convince your doctor to do an MRI or even at CT as a first test to run. I wish you all the luck in the world

• Posted

Well it sounds to me like your body is telling you to ease up a bit. It is possible that your over exertion caused some swelling in the soft tissue near your spine. That inflammation could be just slightly pinching a nerve when you lay down. Like a positional thing. Putting ice on your back should help. You want to ice it the first few days then you can transition to heat if you would like. This time of year can be cold and no one likes putting ice on their back when it's cold, but it is the best thing to do that reduces inflammation. you won't also might try taking some ibuprofen which also helps with inflammation. the fact that it's on the left side doesn't necessarily mean it has anything to do with your heart. heart attacks symptoms could be jaw pain or pain in the back. it's not always the left arm although men have the more typical heart attack signs than women do. in any event you need to see your doctor and ask about your back and how he recommends you treat it. I am not a doctor so although I suggested a couple things you need to check with your doctor first. I will say this about any Imaging that your doctor may want to do. x-rays only show hard things like bone so it will not show inflammation. CTS or even MRIs are good at showing inflammation. but you probably won't be able to convince your doctor to do an MRI or even at CT as a first test to run. I wish you all the luck in the world

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, it was just scary as I've never experienced that before.

I've been able to have a good rest yesterday to help my body recover whilst just staying at home and not exerting myself, I do feel better but I don't want to say anything yet as it's only been a few days.

I will ask the doctor what they think.

It's good to hear it could just be a pinched nerve I will try to rest again tomorrow as it's Sunday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.