What are my chances of catching COVID?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been pretty anxious about COVID lately to the point I've had many PCR tests due to the physical symptoms that come along with my anxiety that I mistook for COVID.

I'm trying to get through it and I've now been vaccinated with the first dose of AstraZeneca for 23 days. I'm always careful when I go out and don't see many people. I'm working but it's very isolated so I'm not face to face with people and I only have one housemate.

Realistically what are my chances of still catching the virus? I'm also based in the UK so cases are pretty low but places are opening up again.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

there is no clear-cut answer about your risk of getting it at this point. A lot of it depends on individual immune system strength, as well as general physiological make up. I’m sure you are more protected now than if you hadn’t gotten the first shot however the scientists are saying that even if we are vaccinated, we can still get Covid but it would most likely be a much milder case. The main goal of the vaccines is not to prevent getting Covid, it’s to prevent getting seriously ill or dying. And they are doing a good job of that.

So I would suggest that you still remain careful, wear your mask when around other people,. That doesn’t mean you have to be paranoid about it. Just take precautions like you would if the flu was going around . The number one way to stay healthy is frequent handwashing and keeping your distance from others.keep your immune system strong by eating healthy and staying hydrated with water.you’ll be OK! Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.