What could this be?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been very ill for the past few months,

My symptoms are:

A lot of joint and bone pain in my entire body. Is present during the entire day and nothing I do makes it better.

Shortness of breath and fast heartbeat with walking, climbing stairs etc.

Forgetful, often I can't find the right words.

Joint popping and muscle cramps.

Stomach ache and nausea.

Extreme fatigue.

Headaches.

Feeling cold when others are warm.

Thirsty all the time and frequent urination.

I went to the doctor and had some blood test done for infections, vitamin deficiency, anemia and thyroid function. They all came back good except for a slight vitamin D deficiency. I've been taking 25.000 iu once a week for 3 weeks now and instead of feeling better my symptoms got worse. I now also have flu like symptoms such as burning eyes, troath pain and a stuffy nose.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? Could it just be the vitamin D or could it be something else? The pain is driving me crazy and i'm really tired of being ill!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi anne75571

Did you have ans ESR Erythrocite Sedimentation Rate blood test along with CRP C-Reactive Protein blood test and an ANA Anti Nuclear Antibody blood test..these tests will confirm inflammation in the body if the results are high....inflammation will cause severe pain in your bones and muscles...if you haven't had these blood tests..go back to your doc and request them...Best wishes...

• Posted

Hi lilian05079

Thank you so much for your reply.

That was my first thought as well, but I had the test done and they all came back great.

• Posted

Hi, just a thought, side effects of a medicine you might be taking. Also, a food or foods that you migh be allergic  to. Gosh, so very sorry you have no answers, this just stinks!!  Hang in there and I sure hope you get some answers soon. So many of your symptoms sound like thyroid issues to me. Have them check your hormone balance and your endocrine function. Just thought of these so added these on at the end.
    • Posted

Hi Peonygirl1,

Thank you so much for your reply and your kindness!

You are right that a lot of my symptoms could be related to thyroid issues, but I did have a blood test done for it on and it came back good. I will ask my doctor if medication or food allergies could be causing my symptoms.

• Posted

Hi anne75571

Another thought..you mentioned thirst and frequent urination..these are signs of diabetes..probably type 2 diabetes.....when glucose is not reaching your muscles you will get pain..if you haven't been tested ask doc to test your glucose levels for type 2 diabetes .....

• Posted

I've never been tested for diabetes before so I will definitely bring that up when I see my doctor next week. Thank you!

• Posted

Hi anne

More than happy to help.....when requesting your doc for glucose test for Type 2 Diabetes ask him/her to check you B12 levels at the same time...some of your symptoms reflect B12 deficiency.....keep us posted...best wishes for a firm diagnosis..

• Posted

My first thought is lupus. I think if you read up on it you'll find quite a few of your symptoms are like lupus. The only thing I can think of that's missing is the rash on the face. But I don't think that a requirement for a lupus diagnosis. Of course I am certainly no doctor and I don't know much about lupus other than what I've read online. So please pursue this with your doctor.

• Posted

Hi amkoffee

You're definitely right, I do have a lot of the lupus symptoms, and it did cross my mind. But because I had a blood test done for inflammation that came back negative I thought lupus couldn't be causing my symptoms. But of course i'm not a doctor either. Thank you for your reply and I will discuss this with my physician.

• Posted

I have an autoimmune disorder that one of the symptoms is an elevated sed rate and an elevated C-reactive protein. Both of which are inflammation markers. However you can still have the disease even if your inflation markers are not elevated. I don't know if it's the same way with lupus which is also an autoimmune disorder but it is something to consider.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your input.

I should also add that my urine is foamy and bubbly (sorry maybe tmi lol) and I have mid back pain.. could it possibly be kidney related? I know you guys aren't doctors but i can't see my gp untill friday and i'm starting to get really worried. If any of you have experiece with this i would love to hear from you.

• Posted

Hi anne

It could well be kidney related..type 2 diabetes is kidney related..type 2 diabetes patients are checked regularly for kidney disorders..if you are worried and feel you need to be seen don't hesitate to go straight to your nearest A & E department....

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post an update in case anyone ever finds this post and has the same symptoms. After 6 months of complaining to my physician he finally referred me to an reumarologist. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and hypermobility. Unfortunately there is not much they can do about it, except physiscal therapy and learning how to deal with the pain. Thanks to everyone that replied, and the best wishes to everyone that is going through something like this themselves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.