What is the most efficient way to avoid covid-19?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone! I'm a 24 year old male. I have tried to avoid covid-19 as much as I could but still got it last year in April. I never got covid in 2020 and 2022.

I got covid during that time because I was travelling in a public transport inspite of wearing mask (cloth) and washing hands. I was also not eligible for vaccines. Now I am double vaxxed (got 2nd dose in Nov 10) waiting for booster.

My symptoms were severe as I had 12 day fever, lung tightness and very low appetite. Many times my oximeter readings started from 91, 92 or 93 but settles at 94 or 95.

I am fed up with precautions. I have to go to college and board public transport. N95 masks are expensive and cannot be reused. Cloth masks don't protect but it is affordable and cheap. I don't want to get seriously ill from covid.

I want to know more efficient precautions against covid-19.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

have you had your natural antibodies you got from having covid checked recently? If you still have them, they are a good protection for you. it is said that people who have had Covid and also been vaccinated are quite protected. you can still wear a mask if you like.

there’s really no magic way of completely avoiding the Covid virus other than being careful around people and washing your hands a lot.

don’t be overly scared just be careful and take the precautions that’s about all anybody can-do.

take one day at a time

• Posted

My issue is with serious covid symptoms I experienced. I was just 23 when I got covid last year April. Most of the people of my age group get mild symptoms but I didn't. I don't know what was wrong with me.

I never drink and never smoke/vape. I am (Male) 5'6" at 171 lbs. The only bad thing about me is that I am a couch potato, eat dinner at late night and sleep 5-6 hours a day. Is this why I got serious symptoms?

• Posted

I recently read somewhere that physical inactivity can lead to worse covid symptoms. That may have been why you experienced such severe symptoms when you had covid. You could talk to your doctor about an exercise plan that would suit you, and try to eat healthier and get adequate sleep. It might be a good idea to get some blood work done. Years ago, my vitamin D3 levels were very low, and I frequently got URIs. Since I've been supplementing with D3, it's significantly reduced the number of respiratory infections I've gotten over the years.

I know that many people are fed up with restrictions, but I do believe that a high-quality mask, especially an N95, is going to significantly reduce your chances of getting covid again. I would wear one in high risk situations like on public transportation and indoor events. I think it's worth the inconvenience if it's going to keep you and others around you safe.

All the best to you.

• Posted

N95 masks are costly, irreusable and difficult to manage. Cloth masks are cheap and reusable. I don't know what to choose. I have to consider my budget too.

• Posted

You could also consider double masking. Surgical masks are relatively inexpensive now and easy to find. You could wear a surgical mask and then a cloth mask on top of it.

• Posted

You can take all the care and all the precautions in the world, but even then you are not hundred percent shielded from the risk of infection. And that is true for any disease. At least now you are double vaccinated. Also, experts used to believe that the natural immunity after infection lasted for only 3 months. Research has now proven that this acquired immunity lasts for a year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.