Why Papworth rather than Addenbrooks?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone. I am a 50 year old female being tested for WG. Currently awaiting biopsy at Papworth hospital. I've heard there's a good vasculitis team at Addenbrooks so I'm wondering why I've not been referred there?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You can get referred to Addenbrookes Vasculitus Centre of Excellence by asking your GP.

The top two Vasculitus experts in the world are Peter Merkel based in USA and David Jayne based at .....Addenbrookes

I have WG and would not go anywhere else, they have over 1,000 patients.

A good contact is Stella Burns who works with David Jayne

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you Dave. I only know respiratory hospital doctor suspects WG as he has run the ANCA test after finding large white nodules in both lungs on CT scan. Could be other thing but this seems to fit. Considering a private consultation with David Jayne to speed things up. Still waiting for biopsy appointment.
    • Posted

Good luck

I got in at Addenbrookes very quickly after learning of them ( I joined Vasculitus UK - the support group and other members said that I HAD to get treated at Addenbrookes) If you do have WG then your GP is likely to have never experienced it before. Stella Burns's direct line is 01223 217259 - she is very nice and helpful

Let me know how it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.