"IBS" but so worried it could be something else..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. Or anyone who kindly reads this.

So I've always had 'iffy' digestion but for about 4 months now I've had abdo pain and floating stools and increase in gas. The last 2 weeks I've had pain down my right side so intense I Havnt been able to go to work. It's almost like a period pain but all down my right side and into my groin hip and thigh.

I've had bloods and stool samples and aparently "satisfactory". I've had an ultrasound done today on my liver, spleen, pancreas, gall bladder and kidneys etc. But she said she hasn't found anything.

My question is does anyone here with IBS get constant floating stools? Pain even AFTER a bowel movement and the pain be constant? (maybe it's a "flare up") is that possible? I'm wondering if I should push for ovary ultrasound as I get bloat also.

Im in the process of a colonoscopy but they have misplaced my referral.

The anxiety this is causing me is horrendous. I am a single mother and I feel I'm failing because I'm in pain daily.

Thank you for reading.

Take care.

Kay

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

hi kay, right side you say? appendix i say. ask for a scan of this as soon as possible, ibs is often left sided and can be very painful, but on and off NOT continual. the stress will make the pain worse, but you'll be more anxious if you're in pain. check it out and good luck. 🤞🤞

• Posted

I've had an abdo scan but only upper and they said its come back clear. I feel so confused and upset about it all. Thank you.

• Edited

they need to scan low down as well and rule out everything else before they go for ibs. but they don't so you have to fight....

• Edited

I can offer some general insights. Floating stools and abdominal pain can be associated with IBS, but these symptoms can have other causes too. Given your ongoing pain, it's essential to rule out gynecological issues or musculoskeletal problems, as well as continue with the colonoscopy once the referral issue is resolved. Don't hesitate to push for an ovary ultrasound if you suspect gynecological problems.

• Posted

Do you think it's worth pushing the GP surgery for it or will I get it sooner through A and E? Or maybe worth paying privately? At this point I'm so worried I will do anything. I sometimes wonder if it's extreme trapped wind but even then the pain is bad and it's a change for me... Bloat, the floating stools, ongoing pain. I just feel so lost right now 😦

• Posted

Hi

i have very similar to yourself, right sided pain , lower abdo pain , bloating/gas, floating stools

i had loads of bloods and ultrasound which came back with nothing major, just fatty liver in places but nothing that explains the pain

my pain is pretty much constant , only time i cant feel it is when i lie down flat and sleep? hows your pain when you sleep?

also is you abdomen tender when pressed below or above the navel?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.