"Let Down" Feeling

Posted , 8 users are following.

I remember seeing a post of someone having a let down feeling...

.you know, like you get when your milk lets down when your breastfeeding, in their breast. I am also experiencing this but cant find that post so I am posting this. Anyone else get that tingly feeling with tightening?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes thats me! it was really bad (super tingly) for one day and has decreased significantly but I still have it a little bit but now in both breasts. I have noticed that my breasts are significantly bigger I am only a 36A so this is very noticeable. It’s seems to be a part of some hormonal thing tied to my period but I’ve never had this before. I did breast-feed three kids though so familiar with the feeling. But not sure if it’s just from their pms tenderness? i did read online in a response from a doctor that as long as your mammo and ultrasound are normal then its hormonal. had a 3D mammo and ultrasound about 5 months ago. all good. had the ultrasound because my breasts had been tender for 2-3 months straight. that was the beginning of peri for me...what about you?

• Posted

I too get it on occasion. chalked it up to another lovely peri symptom.

• Edited

Yes, breasts painful, swollen, tender, tingly and getting let down feelings. This has just come on these last few weeks, just when i thought it was all over (hot flushes, night sweats have stopped and no period for 7 months).

• Posted

I have been post menopausal for four years now. This letdown rush feeling has been happening for about six months. When it first started, it was quite frequent, intense, and lasted a while. Now I just feel it every once in a while and it’s gone rather quickly.

I’m still kind of curious if it’s normal.

• Posted

I am post menopausal as well. I haven't breast fed in 22 years and all of sudden I started having let down sensations. Started in left and now in both. I am set to get an ultrasound in left first and then possibly a 3 D one on both. I'm curious if anyone has found which hormone could be causing this?

• Edited

Yes, I have had that feeling a couple times..It was an odd but it went away quickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.