10 weeks on fluoxetine / pregnant

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all,

i became unwell at the start of my pregnancy and this caused some anxiety i believe. I have one intrusive thought that is on loop 24/7 and massively affecting my daily life / relationships. no matter what im doing im thinking about it. i did 6 weeks 20mg and 4 weeks on 30mg. side affects have subsided. i have began to get some glimmers of hope through the day where i think il look back at this time in my life and think how silly i have been. i have everything and nothing to be sad about but its caused depression. im off work, im avoiding seeing family and friends. when i do something nice im just plagued by the though so i just avoid everything. please can someone relate and respond. thank you x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jo

looks like its hormonal due to your pregnancy. When i got pregnant , which was 17 years ago i start to feel so depressed and sad , even had thoughts that i dont want to be pregnant any more, could not take shower or go outside.

All that due to hormone fluctation during pregnancy, usually happens in first few months. It will go away, as pregnancy progress, hormones will stabilise and you will feel good again, but please keep in touch with your doctor so they can help you through this

• Posted

thanks so much for taking your time to reply. i do think its partly hormonal but also i have awful anxiety which has spiralled into depression.

im 26 weeks and i thought my turning point would be finding out the gender at my 20 week scan, and when it wasnt (even though i was glad baby is ok after being so well) i crashed and had a breakdown on the way home.

morning anxiety is the worst - just hoping these feelings pass 😦 x

• Posted

yes morning anxiety is always the worst, and looks like it leaves last. Just take it easy, be patient, you will start feeling better soon. If you need support - i am here any time 

• Posted

thank you so much.

how long did it take you to start feeling better?

jo x

• Posted

everyone is different. First time on this meds i had side effect for about 2-3 weeks and then i was ok.

This time side effects were severe and slowly reduced one by one till week 9.

Right now i am 10 months on 20mg and still going up and down with anxiety and depression so thinking to increase the dose.

Just give some time, it will subside soon

• Posted

yeah, its 30mg i am on - i cant say i noticed many side effects increasing from 20mg to 30mg and i had every single side effecet with the starting dose apart from nausea. i have 13 weeks max before baby arrives so i will stick to 30mg now.

im still very up and down myself, i have glimpses of hope one min and the next i could be balling my eyes out.

do you think you will contact the dr to up the dose? i know there is a liquid you can get, why not up to 25mg first? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.