10th week and feeling rubbish again

Posted , 9 users are following.

Been on Sertraline 100mg for nearly 10 weeks and I had two good weeks before entering week 10, now I feel sick, tired and have difficulty eating and focusing on TV etc is this a blip like I had before, Dr doesn't want to change meds or up dose.

Any experience would be nice to hear from you

4 likes, 621 replies

621 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not sure I have been on 100mgs of sertraline for over 10 yrs up till 2 wks ago now on 150 but don't remember side effects being this bad 1st time Rd I'm on day 14 now still got high anxiety can't eat can't relax even in my own house
    • Posted

It's so horrible I usually have two good weeks followed by a crap week so hoping by next week I'll be back to good weeks again, I just want this feeling to go, the nausea affects me. It's so hard to no be anxious about being anxious if you know what I mean. I'm also hoping by 12 weeks all this will clear and I'll be back to normal
    • Posted

I know I've had enough I'm on hols this wk from work just don't know what to do with myself don't want to stay in on my own can't settle but also don't really want to go out vicious circle just hate feeling anxious all the time so can't eat then feel sick
    • Posted

I've been off work for all of mine, bosses are pretty understanding, and my parents live just up the road so spend all day with them and girl friend at night. So lucky there, I hate being on my own, I'm ok sleeping but once I'm awake I have to get up.
    • Posted

Hi Tracey

I'm on 100mg sertraline and have been for 10 months. I was interested to see you have been taking it for 10 years as I wondered how long you can stay on it. I had a really really good couple of weeks about a month ago but I feel I'm now having a blip. I know what my triggers are this time but they are out of my control. Doesn't stop me being anxious about them though!! At least you have reassured me that I can stay on it longer!!

• Posted

Hi lin I have been on 100mgs of sertraline for over 15 yrs and 150 for 7wks my anxiety still there a bit at the mo but better than has been my doc said I could stay on it for as long as I need
  • Posted

I've been off work for all of mine, bosses are pretty understanding, and my parents live just up the road so spend all day with them and girl friend at night. So lucky there, I hate being on my own, I'm ok sleeping but once I'm awake I have to get up.
    • Posted

Yr lucky u got people around you so not on yr own I hate it at mo but I'm so frustrated cause use to like my own company and sleeping is a no no I'm always up between 3 and 4 am just want to b me again
    • Posted

Went to get my prescription as normal from boots and they said I needed a review with my doc so I booked into c him and he gave me the wrong tabs but had already taken 17 days worth and I messed all my head up so there coming out my system as same time sertraline increase trying to work
    • Posted

That's ridiculous, I hope by tomorrow your be better, they usually take 2-4 weeks to adjust. My dr is pretty useless and just keeps saying to keep going but it's so hard.
    • Posted

I know my husband is fuming cause he gave me hormone replacement tablets for someone who has had a hysterectomy and I'm not even going through the change yet so send my hormones crazy and panic attacks came bk with vengeance
    • Posted

I'm so sorry, that's ridiculous, fingers crossed for you - how long did it take the first time round to feel the benefits, I know 10years ago is a long time to remember.
    • Posted

That was a different story my ex husband farther of my 3 kids had multiple affairs and I ended up having a nervous breakdown so took me a good few mths and visit to mental hospital to get over that but what has p*ssed me off the most is I found the courage to take my 3 kids leave him get a new house a job I love and was so independent now he's done this feel like punching doc in face
    • Posted

Yeah I'm not depressed just get panic attacks and high anxiety wish I was depressed think I could handle that better hate panicking all the time can't eat
    • Posted

That's reassuring that I'm still a month and abit off, it's hard to eat, if food isn't put in front of me I won't eat, my sex drive is dead, which isn't making my girlfriend happy
    • Posted

I know that's one of the side effects in males isn't I bet she not happy but is she understanding with yr anxiety and panic attacks
    • Posted

Yeah she understands to a degree but it's so difficult as the last two weeks I was pretty much normal and we were going for evening bike rides and I was eating like a pig and I even went for a swim in the sea, sex was also fine, and then this blip has happened again and I have no feelings and just generally anxious.
    • Posted

I know it's so hard cause they try to understand but if havnt had it they don't really I know I felt really like myself on Fri and work and thought brilliant then sat morning bang it's bk I hate anxiety so much
    • Posted

i can imagine it's harder for you since you were fine for 10years. You should make a complaint about your doctor.

My parents don't really understand it, I thought my dad would as he has depression, but he doesn't. I just want them to be positive to help me.

• Posted

My mum like that tells me to pull myself together am I keep telling her if was that easy I would I said to her on phone yesterday if I could donate something to someone that needs it like a kidney I would to take this feeling away I know that sounds drastic but I would
    • Posted

U sound quite young to have anxiety do u know what made it start
    • Posted

I'm 26, all started from eating a kangaroo burger and having diahorrea for 6 weeks then being referred to have cameras up my bum and down my throat, I was tachycardic whilst the camera went up my bum and the waiting for results and having a polyp removed (could be cancer) which is wasn't. Then being told I could have a brain tumour which I haven't got, so it all spirled from there, and changes at work with people leaving didn't help.
    • Posted

That's awful u poor thing that's how old I was when mine started u been through it havnt u I'm trying to chill out but just feel anxious and sick
    • Posted

Same here, I have the radio on, in the garden folding carboard ready for rubbish day/recycling, mums gardening.
    • Posted

Nor can I, just racing head and sicky feeling, I drink plenty of peppermint tea and camomile tea to help with the nausea and tummy ache.
    • Posted

Mite try that if it helps never had it but will try anything hate it so much
    • Posted

Has yr doc given u anything to calm anxiety I went and got beta blockers yesterday just taken 1 they do take the edge off so u can try calm yrself down
    • Posted

He gave me diazepam at the early stages but didn't use them as was scared of what they might do with Sertraline. I have taken all caffeine out of my life as that is a stimulant, peppermint tea is wonderful during the day instead of normal tea and camomile tea in the evening/bedtime as it helps you sleep.
    • Posted

Diazapam is addictive but only if taken long term if u really need it it wouldn't interact with sertraline the only reason I'm not allowed it is cause I'm on sleeping tabs but the beta blockers do help there called propanol ask for some just takes edge off makes it that little bit easier to calm it down I have tried with out them for last 2 wks and yesterday had enough
    • Posted

My only concern is they can cause nausea as a side effect, plus I'm asthmatic which may be an issue.
    • Posted

I'm on inhalers for asthma as well touch wood been ok all they seem to do to me is make me a bit lightheaded
    • Posted

Well I'll see how I go a couple more days as usually it's a week long blip, just managed to walk the dog so that's a bonus.
    • Posted

Yeah anything is a bonus when u feel like crap I make myself go out everyday even if only to corner shop
    • Posted

The only difference to this week then the last crap week, is I can still drive this time round, but I can do more than like 5 miles, without needing a cigarette.
    • Posted

That's what I have given up was on 30 a day till 4 mths ago finding it hard not to at mo
    • Posted

I think it helps calm me but I know it's doing me no good or my anxiety any good
    • Posted

That's what I heard but I can't face given up in this condition. It's seems to keep me going for now.
    • Posted

I think it would be different if I wasn't like this, last week and the week before I harderly smoked as I was happier and normal, so I'm hoping its a blip like before and I'll get over it
    • Posted

Easier said than done but I know what you mean smile we will get our lives back. I just really hope it's soon, and when it happens it stays for longer than two weeks
    • Posted

I know sweet so do I for me and u we deserve to be calm and enjoy life I got to little grandkids I won't to tske out and that but at the mo can't face going out on train and that
    • Posted

Do u live local I'm in portsmourh don't worry I don't mean meet up just wondered
    • Posted

I'm in Bridport Dorset, so not only far, I just hope that you won't need to wait as long as before, and start feeling better, so in your 10 years experience did you have any side effects once you started being normal again.
    • Posted

I had the odd panic mode but just told myself I'm fine and it passed so hope that happens this time
    • Posted

That's reassuring, I've been having heart palpitations for no reason but they are never full blown panic attacks, just flutters and goes, can have them any time no warnings, could even be just getting up and putting the kettle on. Just wish the nausea would stop and I could eat properly
    • Posted

I managed to go out last night for a meal, didn't sleep well tho, but nausea seems to be less than yesterday and I seem alittle less anxious. So fingers crossed. Glad to hear your out and about.
    • Posted

Glad u managed to go out I'm so angry with myself was in shopping centre with my 12yr old and my 3yr old grandson and just had to get a taxi home cause had a bladdy anxiety attack
    • Posted

Don't beat yourself up just let it come and go. I know it's hard but just let it pass by. Try not to dwell on it
    • Posted

I'm home just trying to calm down drives me mad cause it's things I always do and it started off so frustrating
    • Posted

Take a warm bath, or go get some camomile tea, or even some rescue remedy that helps and its all herbal.
    • Posted

Yeh led on there sofa watching storage wars lol, managing better today actually watching TV, but I keep having to play games on my phone in between and looking on forums
    • Posted

I'm like that going on forums but my husband went mad last night and said yr not helping yrself going on there
    • Posted

My girlfriend says the same, she hates me going on them but I think they help and reassure me that everything is ok and it take time
    • Posted

That's what I said but he said he hates I said but only been 2wks for me need reassurance I'm not going mad lol
    • Posted

Exactly, as much as there our loved ones they don't understand fully the feelings that we are going through.
    • Posted

Same here feeling very slightly better, gonna be a long road. Had a weird dream last night so least I'm sleeping
    • Posted

Yeah wish I could sleep hate waking up between 3 and 5 am every morning went and done my food shop this morning but just got home and feel quote anxious how abt u
    • Posted

Feeling ok so far, still got a funny head, been out and about in the car most of today.
    • Posted

Hi ya had a quote good day Sat crap day yesterday but feel a little better today how abt u
    • Posted

Same really Saturday was good, yesterday was so so, but slept well, today is hit and miss just had to deal with job centre plus to start claiming, have you managed to go back to work.
    • Posted

I go bk nx Monday last wk and this wk is holiday how did u get on at job centre
    • Posted

Pretty straight forward just gave them information, and they are sending out some confirmation and I've just got to post my sick note off and that's it.

Hopefully in a few weeks/months I'll feel well enough to go back to work.

• Posted

Blimey u had anxiety that long god u must b fed up I would I am after this short time of abt 5wks ready to climb the walls
    • Posted

Well I have two good weeks followed by a crap week, and every time I feel ready to go back I had a crap week, and I can't face work feeling dizzy and sick and not eating.
    • Posted

What is yr job and do u take any anxiety meds to help u have u had any councilling
    • Posted

Service and parts advisor at a garage to full on, answer phones dealing with customers etc, no anxiety meds other than sertraline and haven't been offered counselling and can't afford it privately
    • Posted

Ohhhh c I have been offered councilling but havnt done it yet hoping don't need it want to try do it myself with sertraline
    • Posted

That's what I wanna do and just do it myself it's taken me this long to seek help with benefits and I hate claiming as I'm not that sort of person. I'm like earning money and supporting myself.
    • Posted

I know sweet I wasn't judging u abt work I'm not that sort of person wish I was Rd the corner would give u a big hug u the same age as my son
    • Posted

Straight only came off for 9 mths 12yrs ago when was pregnant
    • Posted

Yeah once the settled down I've been fine for yrs odd blip but nothing worth worrying about

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.